JellyBean Sucks!

WhoolioPreludee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I knew it but damn me, I updated and man this update blows, kills battery, vznav is slow or force-closes, email will not sync, browser is slow and crashes often, keyboard is as bad as my old DroidX. Im not the only one by the other posts. I shoulda known better, time and time again this stands true. If it aint broke dont fix it, now samsung fix all the broken parts! Anyway, how do I revert to the last ICS before this jellybean junk

Last edited:

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Once you get back on ICS, download an ICS ROM and install it. That will prevent the auto updates back to Jelly Bean.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
To the OP: With all due respect, JellyBean doesn't suck. In fact, the current version of JB for the Verizon S3 doesn't even suck. Trust me, I've been running it for quite a while.

What sucks are OTA updates. On any phone. I honestly can't believe that Verizon still does *major* updates in this fashion. OTAs may be good for minor updates and patches, but for complete version upgrades, they should require using KIES (or something similar) to install and/or at the very least force a factory reset prior to installing.

I can *almost* guarantee you that doing a factory reset on your phone, even if that is a real PITA, will probably solve 90% of your problems. Data gets corrupted when during updates, and apps tend to start doing crazy things. I'm sure Verizon doesn't force a factory reset because everyone would complain to no end about it, but I'd have to image they'd greatly reduce the amount of CS calls they must get following a major update like this one. Just my 2?.

This.

It's Jelly Bean. It's lean, it's mean, it's based off the official link and battery life is phenomenal. If you are able to root and don't mind doing it, I HIGHLY suggest it. You will not be sorry.

josh9mile

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issues. After the jb update some of my apps don't work correctly, the keyboard sucks etc. I did a factory data reset but its still on jb 4.1.1. I would really like to get back to ics. Any help would be apppreciated.

WhoolioPreludee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Read the reply post a couple above. There is a link on how to flash back to ICS. If you dont mind redownloading apps you could do a reset/wipe. I might end up doing that as well

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I am so tired of people saying jelly bean sucks. Jelly bean is ten times the os ICS ever was and the main reason has to do with project butter. I had ICS on my s3 for the first week but I could not stand it anymore it was laggy and stuttering all the time. When you experience jelly bean without bloatware and stupid carrier skins you would change your mind in a heartbeat. I'm sorry but we need to move out of the days of slow and laggy gingerbread and get to the point of stability like iOS and WP8. Android is about 95% there and nobody in their right mind experiencing real and clean jellybean would ever go back. It is like night and day! [RANT]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You need better hardware. The OEM is just trying to keep you (the majority) happy. And why my daughter loves JB on her sgs3? IDK....saw you have a droid x in your devices. If you have a sgs3.....then wipe.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Because Google wanted u to focus on cloud storage a lil more but GIVES U THE FREEDOM OF STILL USING THAT METHOD IF U ROOT. Its all about choice. Accept the update or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually Google now isn't because it can still use the location features even wit location off.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually Google now isn't because it can still use the location features even wit location off.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maps is using a ton of battery on my phone now even without using maps or nav? Is this from Google now tracking everything? Anyway to still have it work without sucking so much battery? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums