Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JellyBean Sucks!

I knew it but damn me, I updated and man this update blows, kills battery, vznav is slow or force-closes, email will not sync, browser is slow and crashes often, keyboard is as bad as my old DroidX. Im not the only one by the other posts. I shoulda known better, time and time again this stands true. If it aint broke dont fix it, now samsung fix all the broken parts! Anyway, how do I revert to the last ICS before this jellybean junk
    Last edited by WhoolioPreludee; 12-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    sroake4 likes this.

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Default Re: JellyBean Sucks!

Section 5 here:

Perhaps a factory reset would be easier than that and it may solve some of the issues. At least it wouldn't be any worse than what is in that linked thread and may actually work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    Section 5 here:

Perhaps a factory reset would be easier than that and it may solve some of the issues. At least it wouldn't be any worse than what is in that linked thread and may actually work.
    Thanks ill give one of those methods a try

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Once you get back on ICS, download an ICS ROM and install it. That will prevent the auto updates back to Jelly Bean.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Once you get back on ICS, download an ICS ROM and install it. That will prevent the auto updates back to Jelly Bean.
    There are many, any suggestions?

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Clean Rom by scrosler is a safe bet:

To the OP: With all due respect, JellyBean doesn't suck. In fact, the current version of JB for the Verizon S3 doesn't even suck. Trust me, I've been running it for quite a while.

What sucks are OTA updates. On any phone. I honestly can't believe that Verizon still does *major* updates in this fashion. OTAs may be good for minor updates and patches, but for complete version upgrades, they should require using KIES (or something similar) to install and/or at the very least force a factory reset prior to installing.

I can *almost* guarantee you that doing a factory reset on your phone, even if that is a real PITA, will probably solve 90% of your problems. Data gets corrupted when during updates, and apps tend to start doing crazy things. I'm sure Verizon doesn't force a factory reset because everyone would complain to no end about it, but I'd have to image they'd greatly reduce the amount of CS calls they must get following a major update like this one. Just my 2.

This.

It's Jelly Bean. It's lean, it's mean, it's based off the official link and battery life is phenomenal. If you are able to root and don't mind doing it, I HIGHLY suggest it. You will not be sorry.
    Thanked by:
    akronevan2 likes this.

I have the same issues. After the jb update some of my apps don't work correctly, the keyboard sucks etc. I did a factory data reset but its still on jb 4.1.1. I would really like to get back to ics. Any help would be apppreciated.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Read the reply post a couple above. There is a link on how to flash back to ICS. If you dont mind redownloading apps you could do a reset/wipe. I might end up doing that as well

ROM
    CM10 M1

Honestly I am so tired of people saying jelly bean sucks. Jelly bean is ten times the os ICS ever was and the main reason has to do with project butter. I had ICS on my s3 for the first week but I could not stand it anymore it was laggy and stuttering all the time. When you experience jelly bean without bloatware and stupid carrier skins you would change your mind in a heartbeat. I'm sorry but we need to move out of the days of slow and laggy gingerbread and get to the point of stability like iOS and WP8. Android is about 95% there and nobody in their right mind experiencing real and clean jellybean would ever go back. It is like night and day! [RANT]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

You need better hardware. The OEM is just trying to keep you (the majority) happy. And why my daughter loves JB on her sgs3? IDK....saw you have a droid x in your devices. If you have a sgs3.....then wipe.

No way...that just proved to me that you just don't know..
    every device i have has jellybean running....
    they all run( Butter )better...

No issues here...my S3 has been awesome since the update.

The best Rom I've ever installed bar none.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by jimhal1960 View Post
    No way...that just proved to me that you just don't know..
    every device i have has jellybean running....
    they all run( Butter )better...
    So if jellybean is better then why was the option of moving apps to the sd removed?

Im glad I know nothing and im totally blind fan boy biased.........
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Because Google wanted u to focus on cloud storage a lil more but GIVES U THE FREEDOM OF STILL USING THAT METHOD IF U ROOT. Its all about choice. Accept the update or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sicario666 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

And BTW I Love project butter and Google now

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And BTW I Love project butter and Google now

Project butter is ok. Google now I agree is nice, battery hog but nice.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Actually Google now isn't because it can still use the location features even wit location off.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Actually Google now isn't because it can still use the location features even wit location off.

Maps is using a ton of battery on my phone now even without using maps or nav? Is this from Google now tracking everything? Anyway to still have it work without sucking so much battery? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Not really it could be just maps related because its not taking that much juice from my phone at all

Quote Originally Posted by WhoolioPreludee View Post
    I knew it but damn me, I updated and man this update blows, kills battery, vznav is slow or force-closes, email will not sync, browser is slow and crashes often, keyboard is as bad as my old DroidX. Im not the only one by the other posts. I shoulda known better, time and time again this stands true. If it aint broke dont fix it, now samsung fix all the broken parts! Anyway, how do I revert to the last ICS before this jellybean junk
    I always look forward to these posts after a new update. Everyone knows that if you have major problems, you do a factory reset. That's just the way it goes. And if they are simple problems, that doesn't mean the update sucked, it means you have to do things a bit differently. Overall new updates ALWAYS make the phone better. You may not want to take the necessary steps to make it a good experience, but that's your decision. Either you do those things, or you deal with the frustrations. Whatever you prefer.

Don't get me wrong, I know that updates can be frustrating. But ultimately it's like getting a new phone. When you get a new phone things are always different. By now, you should expect that when a big update is coming.
    sicario666 likes this.

Not sure its JB. Maybe its the OTA update or not being rooted cause CleanROM 5.5.1 on my device and 20 - 23 hours of battery with most of my activity being camera, phone calls and word with friends. This is the first phone I can actually make calls all day and use the camera upload to google+ sports updates and still make it home without worrying about plugging it in until I go to bed.
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Well, kicking and screaming but I did a reset (several) and things get a bit better. Though its only been 24hrs so we'll see if the marginally better persists or if a ICS reflash is needed. I have flashed back from HoneyComb to Ics to JB and back in between on my Xoom and I'm kind of weary about flashing custom roms. But anyway so far so good, well so far so ok......

Quote Originally Posted by WhoolioPreludee View Post
    vznav is slow or force-closes
    VZNav? People use that?
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast