1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Separate alerts on jellybean

Looking for an app or a way to have all notifications on silence except ringer of phone at night. I used to be able to do this before the jellybean update but not now. Things I have tried so far : 1. set phone to sound with all volume turned off except ringer. Emails and texts still vibrate as notification. 2. created blocker through settings, email still vibrates. The vibrate box is unchecked on notifications. Any help or suggestions would be great, as I would like to sleep through the night without being woke up all the time by texts and emails.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default Re: Separate alerts on jellybean

Bedside or night clock apps don't work?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Same issue here, vibrations are annoying as hell. I'm using Audio Manager Pro.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

no not since the new jellybean update

Use something like tasker. You can make the phone do anything you want, whenever you want it to.

There is a thread in this forum that discusses blocking mode and how to access it. I use Nova Launcher and its simple. Try the forum search. I'm on my tablet now so searching is a bit of a pain at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

What I do is turn off sync. That way no notifications will come through until you turn it back on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dogboyr1 View Post
    Looking for an app or a way to have all notifications on silence except ringer of phone at night. I used to be able to do this before the jellybean update but not now. Things I have tried so far : 1. set phone to sound with all volume turned off except ringer. Emails and texts still vibrate as notification. 2. created blocker through settings, email still vibrates. The vibrate box is unchecked on notifications. Any help or suggestions would be great, as I would like to sleep through the night without being woke up all the time by texts and emails.
    I use Timeriffic. It works well and has a setting that allows you to have notifications separate from ringer. I also have the blocking mode turned on (nova launcher as well). I am currently testing profile scheduler and so far it does not have the same setting as Timeriffic. Still vibrates at night, but with blocking mode on it does not vibrate anymore. Profile scheduler is more robust than Timeriffic but Timeriffic is simple and works well. Although sometimes I have to manually go in and set it again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

does timeriffic work with the new jellybean update?? I have aded the blocking mode but it does not work it still vibrates.

Profile Scheduler works great. That is exactly what I do.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dogboyr1 View Post
    does timeriffic work with the new jellybean update?? I have aded the blocking mode but it does not work it still vibrates.
    Yes, as far as I know. You just have to go to experimental within the settings menu and check off separate notifications.

Timeriffic does not work - does not silence notifications and cannot. It says Notification Volume is not supported and that the Ring Volume controls the notification. No such luck at least not with Timeriffic. I have it set for all my sounds to be silent at work and my notifications stay on. They need to fix it!

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Check out Auto Ring:

I set my phone to mute when I'm going to bed yet with my wife, supervisor and a couple other important people in the whitelist I hear nothing unless one for them calls. Turn off mute when I wake up and everything back to normal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2