Separate alerts on jellybean

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking for an app or a way to have all notifications on silence except ringer of phone at night. I used to be able to do this before the jellybean update but not now. Things I have tried so far : 1. set phone to sound with all volume turned off except ringer. Emails and texts still vibrate as notification. 2. created blocker through settings, email still vibrates. The vibrate box is unchecked on notifications. Any help or suggestions would be great, as I would like to sleep through the night without being woke up all the time by texts and emails.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread in this forum that discusses blocking mode and how to access it. I use Nova Launcher and its simple. Try the forum search. I'm on my tablet now so searching is a bit of a pain at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What I do is turn off sync. That way no notifications will come through until you turn it back on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking for an app or a way to have all notifications on silence except ringer of phone at night. I used to be able to do this before the jellybean update but not now. Things I have tried so far : 1. set phone to sound with all volume turned off except ringer. Emails and texts still vibrate as notification. 2. created blocker through settings, email still vibrates. The vibrate box is unchecked on notifications. Any help or suggestions would be great, as I would like to sleep through the night without being woke up all the time by texts and emails.

I use Timeriffic. It works well and has a setting that allows you to have notifications separate from ringer. I also have the blocking mode turned on (nova launcher as well). I am currently testing profile scheduler and so far it does not have the same setting as Timeriffic. Still vibrates at night, but with blocking mode on it does not vibrate anymore. Profile scheduler is more robust than Timeriffic but Timeriffic is simple and works well. Although sometimes I have to manually go in and set it again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

TerrorTodd

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Timeriffic does not work - does not silence notifications and cannot. It says Notification Volume is not supported and that the Ring Volume controls the notification. No such luck at least not with Timeriffic. I have it set for all my sounds to be silent at work and my notifications stay on. They need to fix it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670