Remove the CB # from text threads/messages

Azot

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums, but I do read all the useful information all of you share and I thank you. My problem is now with the new JellyBean update from Verizon. I get the CB# with every text message I get now and before this update it was not a problem it was an option you could take out I think, but now there is no options to remove this. Please tell me there is a simple fix to this problem. I will check back often and will respond.

Version 4.1.1

Thank you in advance,

Azot
EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Some of mine have it and some don't. I think the jb update just enabled us to see what was there all along. Some phones just have this feature enabled by default.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Each sender would need to disable it on their phone before sending texts.

Sent via mental telepathy from my Samsung Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk 2.

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I only have this happen when I get text messages from one person and they have an ancient flip phone. It never happened until the JB update.

ryan_b20

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have read through numerous forums, and haven't found an answer on how to fix this. I get the callback number on texts from certain people. I have checked with some of those people, and they don't have the callback number option enabled. I also read it's due to having multiple numbers for one contact, or a number and an email address for a contact, but that doesn't seem to be the case either because the one contact I get messages from I only have one number for him and nothing else. I stopped into the Verizon store and they weren't able to fix it. The Verizon worker called tech support and after doing a factory reset on my phone, still no fix. It doesn't affect the performance of my phone, it's just annoying and if I would've known Jelly Bean would cause this to happen, I wouldn't have upgraded to it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's distracting for some. Like me. It clutters the page with unnecessary information. Not a big deal but it wasn't there before, is now and it's annoying that you can't make it go away.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's distracting for some. Like me. It clutters the page with unnecessary information. Not a big deal but it wasn't there before, is now and it's annoying that you can't make it go away.
I dunno. For me it's an extra line of text in the balloon that can be ignored if I want to. Also I know I can't change it since it's dependent on other people to change (and I don't expect them to) so I accept what I can't change. I have more important things to worry about in my life than an extra phone number showing up in a text message.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Each phone is capable of sending a "CB" number when it sends out a text message. If you go into your text messages and then select Menu -> Settings and then scroll all the way down to the bottom to "Enable call back number", this is the setting you would turn on if you wanted the recipient of your text messages to see your call back number (you can actually change the CB number in the next setting right below it). In order to stop seeing the CB# in your text, you would have to tell each person you get a text message from that has a CB# in it to turn that setting off on their phone. In ICS it was either broken or disabled to show the CB# from anyone that was sending it. In JB, Verizon fixed it to display it now if the sender is sending a CB# within their text messages.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It is annoying to me also. I just wonder why the person who makes these decisions, as to what to enable and what to disable, thought it was a good idea to display the call back number in the text when the person's phone number that sent you the text is already showing at the top of the screen in the text. This is what I call "corporate mentality."

Tat2dMetalPrincess

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's a matter of not wanting to share someone elses information. i.e., if I want to screenshot a text to share with my best friend, I don't necessarily want her (or anyone else) to have their callback info.