Replacement S3 Also Shuts Down, Won't Turn On Again Without Battery Pull

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My first S3 started doing this a few weeks ago so Verizon sent me a replacement S3. It's doing the same thing 'though perhaps not as frequently. 1-2 x per day. Previous phone was probably around 4x a day. If this isn't a common problem with the S3, perhaps this is a software problem?

Any ideas? Anyone have similar problems?

mlb2305

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem about a month ago but for whatever reason it stopped for the most part. Now my gps is pretty much sucking. My wife's phone has never had either issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If you've restored the apps that were on your previous device, then it would seem to be a software issue with one or more apps. If you haven't restored anything, it's probably luck of the draw and you've received another bad phone..

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you've restored the apps that were on your previous device, then it would seem to be a software issue with one or more apps. If you haven't restored anything, it's probably luck of the draw and you've received another bad phone..
Yes, I've restored most of the apps I was using, which is why I'm now exploring this option. Is there a way to do a hard reset without Google Play automatically restoring apps?

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
During the setup, you're given the option of using your Google account to restore your phone. Just uncheck that option.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
try a different browser. mine was having issues until i changed the browser from the stock one

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
try a different browser. mine was having issues until i changed the browser from the stock one

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
Thanks. This problem did arise about the time I went back to using the stock browser. First, I'm going to wait and see if the problem persists with the Jelly Bean version of the stock browser. I just got Jelly Bean yesterday.