- 472 Posts
S3 won't update to Jellybean
I don't have a Verizon Galaxy S3, but my fiance does, and when I try to upgrade to JB (through About -> Updates) it tells me something like "Service not available, try again later".. I've read online that this means you probably need your SIM card replaced. Anyone know how to fix this? Can I download the latest stock ROM and install it manually instead?
- 12-26-2012, 01:10 PM #2
- 12-26-2012, 02:08 PM #3
- 55 Posts
Re: S3 won't update to Jellybean
I don't believe Verizon allows you to update any way other than OTA. I called them today about this same issue, and they told me the phased roll out of JB was ongoing and that this message was not an error message, but an indication that your phone is not yet slated for the upgrade. They also said sometime during the 1st week of January was the expected end date for the roll out. So I'm waiting until January 7 before I ask for anything else, like a SIM card or whatever.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
- By JeffShultz in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 6Last Post: 09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
- By PayDay99 in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM
- By mrdunn in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 11Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
- By insuranceguy in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM
- By seasideclub in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 4Last Post: 11-15-2010, 11:14 PM