Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jz8
    jz8 is offline
    jz8's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default No GPS after JB

    My GPS will not lock after the JB update. Will be calling V tech support but wondering first if others have had problems.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    jdfrye's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    While on ics the GPS was having issues so I did a reset, worked for about a month then started going wonky. About that time JB came out and I updated and did a factory reset right away, GPS was fine for about a week then started failing locking. Did a factory reset again fixed it for a couple of days then same thing, no lock. I had it replaced and the new one locks super fast, like under 10 seconds fast. You might have a hardware issue. Carrier will have you do a factory reset as a fix solution so keep that in mind
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jz8
    jz8 is offline
    jz8's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    Thanks JD. I will have a few slow days and will have to do it.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    My wife and I both have GS3's and the GPS has stopped working on both phones. I re-start the phones and the GPS works for a couple of days and then stops. Have not tried factory re-set yet. This started after the Jelly Bean update.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    Quote Originally Posted by jz8 View Post
    My GPS will not lock after the JB update. Will be calling V tech support but wondering first if others have had problems.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Mine was stuck on "Searching for GPS...". I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" and used it to reset my GPS and I have locked on pretty quickly now. When you start the app, hit Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state > Reset.

    Hope that fixes your issue like it did mine.
  6. #6  
    StorminDT's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    Quote Originally Posted by Airlid View Post
    My wife and I both have GS3's and the GPS has stopped working on both phones. I re-start the phones and the GPS works for a couple of days and then stops. Have not tried factory re-set yet. This started after the Jelly Bean update.
    same problem here. GPS Status and Toolbox doesn't fix it. Only a reboot.
    BB Storm
    Droid Inc
    Droid X

    SG S3
  7. #7  

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine2003 View Post
    Mine was stuck on "Searching for GPS...". I downloaded "GPS Status & Toolbox" and used it to reset my GPS and I have locked on pretty quickly now. When you start the app, hit Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state > Reset.

    Hope that fixes your issue like it did mine.

    I'm having this issue too. "GPS status and toolbar' reset didn't help. Reboot doesn't fix it either. Endless "looking for GPS location".

    Any new ideas on correcting this?
  8. #8  
    Waipio11's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    Same problem here.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    We're having the same problem with my wifes phone but not mine. Any link amongst phones having same problem? Her's is the white 16gb S3. Haven't attempted the phone reset yet. Tried un install on Maps and reinstalled, no luck.

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: No GPS after JB

    I just found the answer to this problem after searching through many different forums. This will work and is so simple it is kind of irritating lol.

    Go to Settings
    Scroll to "Accounts" Section
    Select google
    Go to location settings
    Enable location

    Good luck to all you android users out there with this problem!

Similar Threads

  1. No GPS after 10.1 update on Euroskank?
    By ledbetter12340 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 11:15 PM
  2. GPS not functional after JB update.
    By cr8rec in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2012, 08:10 AM
  3. "No SIM card" after JB update
    By HTB in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 02:28 AM
  4. no gps lock-on
    By terpitude71 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
  5. No root after 2.1?
    By ethan in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

B