Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Juice defender?

    It seems to work real good!!
    When my phones in my pocket it says all data off? I I will still get calls and all still right?

    It's tripled my batt life. My phone died at 1am yester during night shift. Today at 2:32 I have 70%
  2. #2  
    nyry's Avatar

    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Yes data is for things like Internet, email, and and messaging apps that use data like KIK and What's app.

    Voice is for calls and texts

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    Yes data is for things like Internet, email, and and messaging apps that use data like KIK and What's app.

    Voice is for calls and texts

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I noticed it wouldn't download a pic from a text with it enabled
  4. #4  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Its a placebo effect. For the power you save you lose it when phone reconnects. On of on of that never is good for batteries

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  5. #5  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Plus the app itself is a wakelock causing deep sleep to be nearly inaccessible

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Its a placebo effect. For the power you save you lose it when phone reconnects. On of on of that never is good for batteries

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Without..

    With
  7. #7  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    3hrs to drain 32% = 1% every 5.4 mins
    7.5hrs to drain 65% = 1% every 6.9 mins

    A small difference which can also be equated to a difference in usage such as screen on time, how long you used a different app, your obvious change in usage of messaging, things like that come into play also data or WiFi times.

    The math looks like not much change at all lmao. In essence you may get an extra hour or so with the same usage but again the numbers don't tell me if its the app helping or you spending less time on chrome lol. Just my observations.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by nrm5110; 12-28-2012 at 12:53 PM.
  8. #8  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Without juice defender.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Juice defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1356718817782.jpg   Juice defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1356718826300.jpg  
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    3hrs to drain 32% = 1% every 5.4 mins
    7.5hrs to drain 65% = 1% every 6.9 mins

    A small difference which can also be equated to a difference in usage such as screen on time, how long you used a different app, your obvious change in usage of messaging, things like that come into play also data or WiFi times.

    The math looks like not much change at all lmao. In essence you may get an extra hour or so with the same usage but again the numbers don't tell me if its the app helping or you spending less time on chrome lol. Just my observations.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Actually both of those with Juice Defender look at my prior thread and you'll see without Juice Defender
  10. #10  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Link to post as I'm not seeing it the only thing I see are the exact same screenshots with screen on

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    jlibis's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    ROM
    CM10 M1

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Juice defender does not work that well it counteracts everything the phone wants to do and powers everything on creating more battery drain

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Without juice defender.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    You sir are a phone *****. 7+ hours! Sweet. But make sure to get up for a stretch and a snack once in a while okay? Safety first.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  13. #13  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    You sir are a phone *****. 7+ hours! Sweet. But make sure to get up for a stretch and a snack once in a while okay? Safety first.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Lol look at my run from yesterday.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Juice defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1356849049128.jpg   Juice defender?-uploadfromtaptalk1356849057656.jpg  
  14. #14  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Juice defender?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Lol look at my run from yesterday.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Nice. I had very similar numbers yesterday as well. Just around 5 hours of screen time.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Similar Threads

  1. Juice Defender on Epic 4G?
    By Keith Newman in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM
  2. Juice Defender
    By phillysdon04 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
  3. Juice Defender: still getting email notifications
    By pcguys in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
  4. Juice Defender Questions
    By zeravla531 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 09:31 PM
  5. Juice Defender on D2
    By thisisbenji in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Posting Permissions

B