Google Play Music App Issues

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a couple of weirdness going on when using Google Play Music App.

Sometimes, when a track is finished, the next track won't start right away. It can actually take a long time. When I check my phone, even though there is no sound, the little dual band synthesizer looking icon keeps moving up and down as if it was playing a track. To deal with this, I've had to kill the app with the task manager and load the app again.

Another weird thing I've been having to deal with is when a track is done and the next track gets started, instead of continuing to feed the audio through the headphone jack, it'll feed through the phone's speaker, as if there were nothing plugged into the headphone jack. This can be fixed by manually switching to the next track, but the next time it changes tracks automatically, it may go back to the phone's speaker.

None of this seems to happen with the stock music player. I'd really like to use Google Play Music, since I'm currently in the process of uploading all my music to Google Play.

Has anyone else noticed anything this or anything else weird? Any fixes?

neek87

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I don't have a solution to offer, but I'm having the same problems with Google Play Music app ever since I updated to jelly bean a week ago. I've been using Google Play Music since I first got my GS3 in August and didn't start having these problems until Jelly bean. Really hope it gets a fix in the next update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rayman21186

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. Sometimes, my phone even won't let me adjust the main volume after closing play music, it'll keep trying to adjust the media volume instead.

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had this exact same issue with Google Play Music since it was an early beta. It happens on my laptop, my nexus7, my S3, and it happened on my Moto Razr. I have searched the web for a solution every couple months for about a year and a half and not only can I not find a solution, this is literally the first time I've seen another mention of the problem. I have given up on it for now. I would love to be able to access my music collection wherever I'm at, but it's not worth the frustration.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with the google play music app from the beginning. I got tired of it, erasing data, reinstalling, etc. etc. So I started using Player Pro. I haven't had a single issue with it yet.

rayman21186

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Out of three devices that I've used play music on, this is the only one I've experienced these issues with. My nook tablet on cm7 and my old droid x on cm7 both worked fine.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick question concerning play music and my native music player on my EVO lte. Is there any way to integrate the songs I buy on play music to the playlists I already have on the HTC music player ?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that it's not a Verizon problem recently myself. I ended up uninstalling the updates and reverted Google Play Music back to it's factory version, and all the issues were resolved at once. I've never had a hiccup with it once yet since. After updating it again, the problems came back. So I'm back to the factory version of the app.

barthawk

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Just realized that it's not a Verizon problem recently myself. I ended up uninstalling the updates and reverted Google Play Music back to it's factory version, and all the issues were resolved at once. I've never had a hiccup with it once yet since. After updating it again, the problems came back. So I'm back to the factory version of the app.

I have done the uninstalling updates as well. Just go to Google Play and click on the "uninstall" button, this uninstalls all the updates, but still leaves a very functional Google Music App. It resolved the issue with Google Music not starting the next track. This usually happened at the next song after the screen times out. I still have issues with the music randomly switching to my bluetooth speaker/mic in my car rather than the headphone jack to the stereo.

None of this happens on the Nexus 7.

Tom Bodner

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having same issues, will try uninstalling updates. However, I noticed one other thing that was messing it up as well. Since the JB update, anytime I'm listening to a song on Play Music and i receive a message or notification, the song stops and the whole app freezes. Only way to fix it is to restart the phone....very annoying.

tchase59

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
instead of continuing to feed the audio through the headphone jack, it'll feed through the phone's speaker, as if there were nothing plugged into the headphone jack. This can be fixed by manually switching to the next track, but the next time it changes tracks automatically, it may go back to the phone's speaker.
For me, it doesn't switch to the phone's speakers, but the headphone volume will decrease considerably. If I jump ahead to the next track, and then jump back to the previous track, the volume will go back to normal. Sometimes it takes jumping back and forth several times before it works. And sometimes it happens randomly in the middle of the track. Very annoying!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Strange - I've never had a problem with the headphones or bluetooth speaker. Perhaps you should try a Factory Reset, particularly if you haven't done one since the last OTA.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing recently. Not the blue tooth or headphone to speaker issue but my google play music will randomly pause after one track or another. I didn't think much of it as it doesn't happen all the time but it is interesting that we are all noticing the same thing. Wonder what the deal is. I as well have never noticed it with any of my other music apps (stock player or pandora etc). Not sure what it is but it would be interesting to hear what the deal is. Right now mine isn't too annoying and I don't have to kill the app just wake the screen or skip to the next track. Not a deal breaker for me yet but is odd.

eberlinusa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am haveing a similar issue. My google play suddenly started playing the same track over and over, and this behavior doesn't change even when I say shuffle everything. Anyone else having the same problem? It worked fine for about a month and then suddenly this...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I assume that you've looked at the oval icon in the lower left and made sure it's not in repeat mode? That's the only way I know of to make a song repeat, unless you had it over and over in a playlist.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

KilgoreCatfish

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Any fix to this dicovered yet? I'm also having many of these same issues on my Nexus 5. Mostly it will go silent when it moves to the next track and it will also stop part way through and start over again. I have a handful of 3rd party music apps i like to use but I want to be able to use my All Access pass as well. Are there any other alternatives?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC