Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By makaroni
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Certified like-new....BS

How is this fair at all? I got my new s3 about 3 weeks ago...it has never worked properly ( another story, another time) .
    After talking with tech support they agreed to send out a replacement phone. A certified -" like new" phone. I call BS. How the heck is that right?

I have my phone for 3 wks, thru no fault of mine the phone is defective and I end up getting a used phone. Has anyone here had to go thru this and in your opinions, am I getting screwed?

Why do I feel cheated by Verizon, and want to call them back and refuse to pay the 100.00 a month contract until I have the new phone I thought I was paying for.

Sorry for the rant//but I am a bit pissed and wondering if there is a way around this if I complain loud enough...lol. Or is this standard practice?

Default Re: Certified like-new....BS

Quote Originally Posted by SDQB17 View Post
    How is this fair at all? I got my new s3 about 3 weeks ago...it has never worked properly ( another story, another time) .
    After talking with tech support they agreed to send out a replacement phone. A certified -" like new" phone. I call BS. How the heck is that right?

I have my phone for 3 wks, thru no fault of mine the phone is defective and I end up getting a used phone. Has anyone here had to go thru this and in your opinions, am I getting screwed?

Why do I feel cheated by Verizon, and want to call them back and refuse to pay the 100.00 a month contract until I have the new phone I thought I was paying for.

Sorry for the rant//but I am a bit pissed and wondering if there is a way around this if I complain loud enough...lol. Or is this standard practice?
    You waited a week too long to return. If you return during the 14 day return period, you can get a new phone. After that, it is at VZW's discretion.

It sucks from how it sounds but refurbs are better then new IMO. Its been tested and its going to look new.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

CLN phones go through a more rigorous test and are often times better than new ones.

I have had many many CLN phones which have always turned out perfect.

If it really bothers you, keep calling until they give you a new one....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Good luck.. My certified like new sg3 replacement phone that went through a rigorous 100 point inspections mic didn't work out of the box :thumbdown: you think that I don't know... They would check that the hardware needed to make a phone call works? It is a smartPHONE after all! Hope yours checks out fine man!

Tell them that you bought your phone brand new and it's not cool that they're trying to give you a "like new" phone. Start crying on the phone like you are emotionally distraught and on the verge of committing suicide because you were bullied and you feel like people are always taking advantage of you. (make sure you sniff a couple times to simulate real crying) Then ask the rep "Do you know what its like to be bullied?". I think after that, you got a decent shot at getting a new phone. I got my fingers crossed man... Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Tell them that you bought your phone brand new and it's not cool that they're trying to give you a "like new" phone. Start crying on the phone like you are emotionally distraught and on the verge of committing suicide because you were bullied and you feel like people are always taking advantage of you. (make sure you sniff a couple times to simulate real crying) Then ask the rep "Do you know what its like to be bullied?". I think after that, you got a decent shot at getting a new phone. I got my fingers crossed man... Good luck

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Lmfao.....man, now I need a new keyboard too, from the coffee I just spilled while reading that! hahaha

LMAO I was cracking up while I was typing it but try it man. My ex girlfriend used to fake cry on the phone with customer service for whatever she had a problem with and she always got what she wanted. I swear that crap works.

Do a potential YouTube video explaining it. Put it up on vimeo for free behind a passcode. Make it sad... then call support and find someone to take a link.

Done this several times this year as companies tried to overbill me. Do an Apple screencast on my mac and upload it. Never make the YouTube threat.

They get the message really fast.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I got stuck in the CLN wheel for awhile with my DInc. Went thru too many phones to count. At one time I had 3 phones on my desk. Each one had a different problem that I discovered after just a few minutes of testing. Everything from reset loops when it got hot (problem of original phone) to camera wouldn't focus.

Luckily I am on a corporate acct and had our rep get involved. They finally replaced with a truly new DX.

Good luck.
    BB Storm
    Droid Inc
    Droid X

SG S3

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Insure new phone through farm bureau. Don't put a case on it and you will eventually drop it. They just give you a check

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by SDQB17 View Post

did you read the contract before you signed? whether or not it is fair is in the eye of the beholder, but the contract clearly states 14 day return period, if you bought from Verizon. After that, they are following the terms of the contract in providing a clnr. Sure, you may not consider the contract to be fair - and as such, you have a right not to sign it. But if you do sign it, then you are agreeing to the terms.

if you want to get a new phone replacement as long as possible (without crying or whatever), buy through Costco Wireless, I got several new replacements through their 90 day return policy (though still only 14 days to cancel the contract) on my Rezound. I had problems with new replacements and clnr alike. clnr is a gamble by all means. the 100 point inspection doesn't catch a number of things, like random restarts, non-functional sensors like light sensor which may not be found in the 100+ point inspeciton, intermittent problems that may not appear in the check, etc.

Note that this is assuming that they do everything in the 100+ point inspection. I received a phone that came with a dead pixel, even though that is one of the 100+ points

For those who are interested, you can read the 100+ points here:

Finally,if you bought using American express, you could contact them to return the phone for a full refund of the price you paid. Note that your contract would still be in effect.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

well to start with you should have spoke up and returned it the second you noticed problems....you said it didnt work properly from day one....shame on you....
    secondly your phone was used the moment you started typing on it......just like my jeep was considered used the moment it was driven off the lot.......
    you should have said something the moment you noticed a problem....at the least that lesson will be learned....as far as cln i have had mixed results but verizon has never given me any issue returning them til i got a good one....and in fact once return so many of them they will offer you a different phone.......good luck....

What area in verizons website do u fint certified like new

Quote Originally Posted by cutey22 View Post
    What area in verizons website do u fint certified like new
    Certified Like New Replacements aren't on the website. Certified Pre-Owned are. Just type certified pre-owned in the seach field and it will pull up what they have available currently.
    I voided my warranty.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    It sucks from how it sounds but refurbs are better then new IMO. Its been tested and its going to look new.
    That honestly is the biggest lie..I have had plenty of CPO phones out of box were defective....i've had damaged phones sent to me..cracked screen out of box..I had a Droid Bionic awhile back and that **** happened....and he's right verizon should grant him a brand new phone...I have had it done more than one occasion..

I recently received a CLN Samsung Tab 7.7 and had I not known I would have sworn the Tab was a new one. So far have found nothing on it defective. Just luck I guess.