No Google play after 4.1.1 update

quadracer351

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys new to the forum but I'm running out of patience with this problem. Before the 4.1.1 update my phone was flawless however after I can't download or update anything from the app store. I contacted Google to ask for help and this was their response;Thank you for contacting Google.

Thanks for writing in with your question - I?m happy to help see what?s going on. I reviewed your account and unfortunately right now, the Samsung SCH i535 isn?t supported for use with the Google Play Store app or with play.google.com, which is why you?re not able to successfully download.

I know this might be confusing, but not all devices running Android are licensed to use Google Play. This happens because manufacturers use the free Android software on their devices, but sometimes these devices don?t pass Google?s compatibility requirements to have the Google Play Store app installed. To help with this confusion, we?ve published a complete list of supported devices here:

Supported Devices - Google Play Help

To see if your device can become a supported device, to find out what your other options are for getting apps on your device, or if you have any questions or doubts, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your device directly. I?ve provided a link below for your convenience:

Thanks in advance for your understanding; it?s very frustrating for us when our users have problems with unsupported devices since we can't help any further. If you have any follow-up questions about supported devices, please let me know.

It was my pleasure assisting you today. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Regards,

Denyce
The Google Play Team

which seems impossible to that the galaxy s3 one of the top selling smart phones wouldn't support the play store!? I read some people had this problem on the nexus deleted there play store data and this helped but will that make me lose all the data I have in my apps such as photos videos and notes? If anyone has a fix for this I would appreciate it! also another minor problem when in browser since the update my Swype won't autospace even tho the setting is on for it. Any way to fix that also?

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try going to the app manager and clearing the data from the play store app. All you'll lose is your Google account info, just enter it back in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

quadracer351

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I did that and it now works but only over WiFi. I have unlimited data plan anyway I can have it work over data I already have the download over WiFi only unchecked. also what canI do about no auto spacing with Swype in my browser?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having a problem believing that the Verizon S3 isn't listed in Google's compatiblity list... :eek: I wonder how my phone has been downloading since it was released? By the way, another alternative method to get apps and updates is to use a web browser and go to market.android.com and then click on My Devices.

quadracer351

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I sent an email back asking how this is even possible and if all s3 owners now can't access the play store. they said they can't talk about other owners but gave me steps to fix it.Thanks for contacting us about this issue- it sounds like you're having general connectivity issues. It's frustrating for us when users have problems with connectivity, because there is only so much we can do before you need to contact your service provider. However, I'd like you to try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve this quickly:

- Reboot your device
- Confirm that the app Google Authenticator is up to date - visit Google Play, then tap My Apps to see if you have an update available
- Sign in and out of Google Talk to restore connection to our servers:

1. Go to your device?s app launcher, and press the Talk app
2. If you?re already signed into Talk, press Menu, and then touch Sign out
3. Launch Talk again to sign in (if you are unable to sign in, please let me know)

- Clear the cache of the Google Play Store app (Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Play Store > Clear cache)
- If you're using WiFi, ensure firewalls are not blocking access to ports required for Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228)
- Confirm that there is strong connectivity on your device, and contact your mobile service provider if you aren't connected