- 246 Posts
Interesting post-JB thing (WiFi and battery usage)
Just found out that they moved the WiFi settings when I was looking for when my WiFi was connected during sleep after the Jelly Bean update. Found that setting under "Settings" -> "WiFi" then press settings button on bottom left of phone and go to "Advanced". I found that the setting "Keep WiFi on during sleep" on my phone had reverted to "Always", when my original setting (and the one that I wanted) was "Only when plugged in". So I changed the setting back to "Only when plugged in", which helps with battery life.
Don't know if this helps anyone else, but I was a little suspicious since I hadn't been seeing the "connected to WiFi" messages when I woke up my unplugged phone *smile*.
- 01-01-2013, 03:22 PM #2
Re: Interesting post-JB thing (WiFi and battery usage)
Having it set to Always is way better on battery life for me with my phones. If you set to to only when plugged in, then your phone will use the cell radios for data when sleeping/not plugged in which are generally more power hungry. Unless in your case you disable them.
There is a reason stock android defaults that to always
- 246 Posts
- By mightyjimmy in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 7Last Post: 03-05-2011, 09:37 AM
- By shelnbay in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
- By Berry me a G in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
- By onlyoneromeo in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2010, 10:14 PM
- By TylerLannan#AC in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 03-12-2010, 10:43 PM