1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Multiple Issues..Please help/clarify

Whats up folks...Happy New Year to All...

Anyway I have a couple of issues I would like to address..help from all angles is appreciated...I absolutely love this phone and the features it has to offer on the fastest 4G network Verizon Wireless.. (I work for at&t btw..messed up I know lol)..Anyway since the Jelly bean update..The battery has been horrific...It is driving me crazy...Secondly...for some reason as of late I cannot send picture messages..the loading symbol just remains next to the picture for long spans of time..IN order for them to go through I have to soft reset the phone..pain in the ***...Thirdly..this has been driving me insane since I got the phone..Before this I had a RAZR...and just like that phone I have bluetooth synced with my car..IT CAME with the vehicle.. I didn't purchase it separately...Whenever I would listen to music on my RAZR it would pause when a phone call came through and I would answer it...ON my GALAXY S3...I have to pull out the audio jack in order for me to hear the person and vice versa...No the phone isn't messed up nor is the audio jack the problem...Point being is...On my other Android devices hence the RAZR...I never had to do that at all...even when I had my Iphone 4..same thing..its a safety hazard..and Samsung knows jack squat..they were unhelpful...Verizon doesn't know..Its aggravating to pull the jack out all the time when recieving a call while listening to music...Help is greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Multiple Issues..Please help/clarify

just a suggestion: you'll probably get more responses if you don't type in a stream-of-consciousness manner.

if your battery life is poor, check out this post:

the MMS issue (pictures via text) could be a few things: you could have a provisioning issue with Verizon (call them and describe the issue). i've seen an issue where if you're on wifi, the phone won't switch to mobile network to send the text until you disconnect from wifi. that should not be happening and i would recommend bringing that up with Verizon as well if the provisioning issue isn't the problem. thirdly, how good is your mobile signal? it's possible that you're just in a weak area (you can check signal strength in settings > about phone > status). if your signal strength is -100dBm or higher (higher in the sense that -110dBm would be higher), then that's a very weak signal and you might have issues.

as for the music thing, if you're connected to your car's audio system via bluetooth, why are you plugging anything in to the headphone jack in the first place? i haven't tested this out in my car but i would assume that if you are using a straight 3.5mm AUX headphone jack with no in-line microphone, there might be issues when trying to talk on the phone because it might override the bluetooth connection when someone calls. if you're using bluetooth to listen to music AND there's nothing in the headphone port on your phone, then you should have no issues with talking on the phone.

test it out and let us know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Re: Multiple Issues..Please help/clarify

My car doesn't support blue tooth audio man... And my signal is strong Almost everywhere...Plus I use music in the auxiliary... I thought that was obvious is to why I had it plugged in..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums