Missing calls when WiFi is on...

waknowle

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Just got my S3 on Monday 12-31-2012.
I skimmed through the board and did not see this issue posted....

At least twice I have gotten voice mails when on WiFi. The phone never rang just voice mail msg pops up.
I'm sure I've missed other calls when people have chosen not to leave vm msgs.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't ever heard of this. To see if it's the wifi causing it stay in these same areas but keep wifi off and see if you still get calls.

If not it could be the coverage? Not sure.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have also never heard of this..you're mobile data state doesn't anywhere remotely affect your calling area. You may be in a "dead" zone when you put your phone on WiFi..I'm only thinking it because of the only 2..
If this becomes more of any issue call Verizon.

EDIT: Ahh...have you tried adjusting your sound possibly? I believe its the sound and ringer and not the phone as well.

I Am The SuperUser

ilovetheflbeach

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have also never heard of this..you're mobile data state doesn't anywhere remotely affect your calling area. You may be in a "dead" zone when you put your phone on WiFi..I'm only thinking it because of the only 2..
If this becomes more of any issue call Verizon.

EDIT: Ahh...have you tried adjusting your sound possibly? I believe its the sound and ringer and not the phone as well.

I Am The SuperUser

waknowle

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not a ringer issue. I would see a missed called notification in the task bar if that were the case....

I guess I'm in a dead spot. I tried it last night with WiFi off and had another roll straight to vm.
I never had this problem with my previous phone (Bionic)...hmmmmm.
Other than that it's an amazing phone!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not a ringer issue. I would see a missed called notification in the task bar if that were the case....

I guess I'm in a dead spot. I tried it last night with WiFi off and had another roll straight to vm.
I never had this problem with my previous phone (Bionic)...hmmmmm.
Other than that it's an amazing phone!

Yeah sounds like a dead spot for verizon.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

latchgolf

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I buy the dead spot theory. I too seem to be having a missed call issue when connected to wifi. I'm still testing this theory, but it seems to happen when I move between wifi access points. Once I connect to a different wifi access point, until I make an outbound call, I will not receive inbound calls. I get no missed call notification, but I will get a voice mail notifications. If I simply make an outbound call after connecting to the different access point, then it seems to work fine. (I've been checking my office voice mail a lot lately.) The reason I'm not big on the dead spot theory is that if I leave WiFi turned off, I can roam around the property just fine and receive calls in the same spots that I have problems when WiFi is on. Of course what having wifi on has to do with the cell radio or phone app receiving calls is a mystery to me.

Liljoepr

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This happens to be a lot. For some reason my gs3 has 0 bars at home and sometimes I can't receive or make phone calls or send/receive text messages. But with my iPhone 5 I'm able to do that and even get lte inside my house.

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, for both of you. Start straying away from the WiFi on/off idea...WiFi can NOT in ANY way affect your calls..it just simply can't. I don't know what is causing this problem for you people but it has nothing to do with WiFi and mobile data. Give Verizon a ring and ask then about your location. Simple as that.

I Am The SuperUser

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad