Double Text notification

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated as in restored your old apps or you went to the market and installed updated of old versions

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I think he meant after the factory reset, his phone started downloading all his apps back in it.

Okay that didn't work. Guess ill have to go to Verizon.

Yeah because I'm all out of ideas. Last thing, take out the sim and re insert in the phone just for no damn reason but who knows. Tell Verizon your issue and the warranty should cover you getting another phone.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay I did a factory reset. It went away but as it updated the apps it started to do it again.

Guess I have to figure out which one it was.

If you could have a friend near you you could factory reset and then install one app at a time and send a text after each to catch the culprit. This could be time consuming though depending on how many apps you have.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
In your app drawer you 2 messaging apps....one is text messaging and the other just says messaging.....they are both stock apps......go into the one that says messaging...or it may say messages and go into the settings and disable notifications.....hope that helps

Staxxx13

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Okay I got it. If you long press (LP) the notice in the drop down box it will give you a option to shut off notification and which app it is.
It was Beautiful Widget.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Okay I got it. If you long press (LP) the notice in the drop down box it will give you a option to shut off notification and which app it is.
It was Beautiful Widget.

Hallelujah Staxxx! I was hoping you fixed this. Now don't download anymore apps lol leave your phone alone. Just look at it

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It was Beautiful Widget.

Glad you found which app was sneaking in another notification on ya! :p

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Staxxx,

Glad you got your issue fixed, but i'm having similar troubles! I just got my S3 this week, so i can't say whether it did or didn't work before the update or not.

But i don't actually get a notification in the pulldown, just the audio notification, two of them. I've tried everything, as detailed in my thread here http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/250613-double-sound-notifications-sms.html. I don't have Beautiful Widget, but i guess it is something that i have installed, and will have to go through one by one, like you first suggested to figure it out.

Definitely seems like a new issue with latest S3 update though :(

katypotaty

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ahaha! That was easier than I thought! I just picked out the four or five apps i downloaded to get different ringtones (Funny SMS, Ringo, etc etc) and unistalled them, and it stopped!! So it was obviously one of them.

How bizarre, but thank goodness it's stopped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49