Noob SD card question

rtriche

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, just got my galaxy s3 for Christmas (first smartphone, idk what i'm doing haha). I'm trying to figure out a workaround for the notorious PowerAmp playlist problem and such.

I was wondering, is the SDcard supposed to unmount and remount with a reboot? I have all of my music on my external SD card and if I reboot the phone it makes me have to rescan it in poweramp automatically in order to get the music back. Is this normal for the SD card to unmount and remount if I restart the phone?

THanks a bunch.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, just got my galaxy s3 for Christmas (first smartphone, idk what i'm doing haha). I'm trying to figure out a workaround for the notorious PowerAmp playlist problem and such.

I was wondering, is the SDcard supposed to unmount and remount with a reboot? I have all of my music on my external SD card and if I reboot the phone it makes me have to rescan it in poweramp automatically in order to get the music back. Is this normal for the SD card to unmount and remount if I restart the phone?

THanks a bunch.

I believe that is normal. I'm just going by experience, I encountered the same thing but never really thought of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with Poweramp to me. I've never had to do that with my SD Card. I just played a song off my card with the stock player with no issues. If you keep that error, you may need to reformat the SD Card or get a new one.