Auto selecting correct predictive text in Jelly Bean

Allune

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded the software on my Galaxy S3 from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean a few weeks ago after the long awaited official release from Verizon.

Previously, if I were to text someone and type the word incorrectly (and then press space to go to next word, or send the text), Ice Cream Sandwich would auto correct the word with what it thought I meant to say - better yet, the blue auto correct prediction above my keyboard would highlight the correct word - representing the fact it was going to use the word in the body of my text should i go forward without correcting it. For example: If i typed in the word " obviouslub" the predictive text above my keyboard would read from left to right "obviouslub" (in plain text, not highlighted in blue) and "obviously" (highlighted in blue).

The above is what i want it to do.

Now in Jelly Bean, if i were to do the same example... If i typed in the word " obviouslub" the predictive text above my keyboard would read from left to right "obviouslub" (highlighted in blue) and "obviously" (in plain text, not highlighted).

Is there any way to fix it so that it does what it did in Ice Cream Sandwich?

Thanks!
Allune

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-07-15-01-18.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-07-15-01-18.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

mjmsgs318

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Auto selecting correct predictive text

This is doing my head in as well, please let me know if you find out how to change it

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I upgraded the software on my Galaxy S3 from Jelly Bean to Ice Cream Sandwich a few weeks ago after the long awaited official release from Verizon.
You upgraded from JB to ICS? I think you have it backwards. JB was the upgrade.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

@AxlMyk i'm sorry, you are correct. upgraded from ICS to JB... Any fixes?

You might try the Swiftkey 3 keyboard, it works better for me with predictive text. You can try it for free...

Fooju

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Who cares that he said them in the wrong order; we all knew what he meant. I digress. Some third-party keyboards are great. It's a shame that there's no native solution, because essentially they had it nailed. Does anyone know if this is Touch-Wiz/Premium Suite (if it's still called that)-related? (I'm on Galaxy Note N7000). Or if it's across the board? What about Nexus devices and Sense?

In my experience, SwiftKey works great, but I felt like it was a little too predictive somehow. Cool That you could just keep pressing Space and it will make pretty-much logical sentences, based on learned habits. Very clever, still. Might have to download it again. Boo to whoever's decision this was. :-\

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked at the settings for the kb, or have you tried the provided Swype kb included with the phone? That also has settings to control behavior.

Fooju

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep. There's nothing - I've gone through every setting: zilch. Haven't bothered with Swype. I just don't like it. I'm a typer, not a swyper. (I know you can type on it, but my clumsiness is interpreted as bizarre swypes too much of the time.)

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Who cares that he said them in the wrong order; we all knew what he meant.
Feeling a bit snippy today?
Of course you knew what was meant, but maybe an absolute nube doesn't.

After the 4.1.1 OTA my SwypeBeta stopped working, and the stock KB w/SB integrated into it wasn't likable any more.
I installed Swiftkey, and like it better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz