Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default did I get cheated when Gazelle offered me only $289 trade-in for my VZW Galaxy S3?

Did I get cheated when Gazelle offered me only $289 trade-in for my VZW Galaxy S3?
    (okay, maybe "cheated" isn't the right word, since I did voluntarily agree to the price)
    I thought $289 was really high, so I accepted the offer and shipped the phone last week.

My friend told me that Gazelle usually has terrible trade-in offers on Android phones.
    Upon hearing that, I called Gazelle this morning and they told me $289 is what they're
    offering right now.(not a penny more) They said my phone was received last Thursday
    and a payment should be issued in a few days. The rep did agree to put the trade-in on
    hold while I think about it. (if I decide to cancel it, they'll just ship the phone back to me)

At the end of the conversation, the rep did mention that Gazell will give me an extra
    5%, if I change the payment type to Amazon electronic gift card.

What do you guys think? I hate dealing with eBay or other auctions... should I just suck
    it up and accept the $289?

Thanks!

Default Re: did I get cheated when Gazelle offered me only $289 trade-in for my VZW Galaxy S3?

I was just looking at that trade in price as well. The Note 2 is starting to look real good but I don't do eBay and would be getting rid of my S3. I'm sure you could get more selling it directly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: did I get cheated when Gazelle offered me only $289 trade-in for my VZW Galaxy S3?

I have been looking on craigslist for s3 phones due to the fact i have to leave verizon and go to tmobile due to lack of coverage in my home.
    I have seen most of the s3's going for $350-$450 in good condition. So yes gazelle is easy.. but I bet you could easily throw it on craigslist and get $350

You can get a lot more selling it on Craigslist!

You most certainly did! Gazelle will turn around and list your phone on a site like eBay for $400 and up, depending on the condition, storage capacity and accessories you send with it. You could make more $$$ trying to sell it yourself if you want to take/have the time.
    Last edited by imhipper; 01-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.

I just died the same thing over the weekend. The phone retails for about 650. So I figured I could get about half that amount. When I look on ebay I see they are selling for less and there were a lot of S3's in the auction. So I figured if I got around 300 from Gazelle it wouldn't be worth the grief of listing, paying fees and shipping to the seller.