Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

I know this is a stretch, but I'm trying really hard to not believe I am The Anti Tech. Since last night my phone has been slow, texts won't send unless I restart the phone, and my gps wouldn't stay locked onto me for more than a second or two at a time whenever I tried to use Google Nav today - I could watch it bounce from tower to tower. First sign of a problem last night was getting an error message out of the blue, something about "resetting the sim" or something like that. I had just updated Smooth Calendar a little earlier so I am suspecting that may have something, well - a lot, to do with it as well.. When I got the sim message I just restarted the phone and a little after it came back up things weren't quite right. I've since had to restart the phone several times because that's the only way I can get it to stop hanging when sending a text. And tonight I texted my husband in the next room (he has an iPhone5) and he didn't get it until 45 minutes later. I think I'm going to uninstall Smooth Calendar and see how that affects things, but has anyone else been dealing with anything similar (please say yes?)?

Default Re: Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

Smooth Calendar is your problem, I have it on both my Samsung and my HTC and it made both phones all but stop. I un installed and reinstalled the older version and all is well again. Good luck.

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.
    SweetSaudade likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy I've uninstalled for now. It's a shame, I've used it for a long time. Hopefully I can find somthing else I like just as well..thanks again!..