1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

I know this is a stretch, but I'm trying really hard to not believe I am The Anti Tech. Since last night my phone has been slow, texts won't send unless I restart the phone, and my gps wouldn't stay locked onto me for more than a second or two at a time whenever I tried to use Google Nav today - I could watch it bounce from tower to tower. First sign of a problem last night was getting an error message out of the blue, something about "resetting the sim" or something like that. I had just updated Smooth Calendar a little earlier so I am suspecting that may have something, well - a lot, to do with it as well.. When I got the sim message I just restarted the phone and a little after it came back up things weren't quite right. I've since had to restart the phone several times because that's the only way I can get it to stop hanging when sending a text. And tonight I texted my husband in the next room (he has an iPhone5) and he didn't get it until 45 minutes later. I think I'm going to uninstall Smooth Calendar and see how that affects things, but has anyone else been dealing with anything similar (please say yes?)?

Default Re: Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

Smooth Calendar is your problem, I have it on both my Samsung and my HTC and it made both phones all but stop. I un installed and reinstalled the older version and all is well again. Good luck.

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Could the Yahoo mail outage also be affecting my phone's behavior, outside of mail?

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy I've uninstalled for now. It's a shame, I've used it for a long time. Hopefully I can find somthing else I like just as well..thanks again!..