- 1 Posts
SD Cards. What class and from whom to buy them?
So I want more space, basically only for music on my S3. Do classes, then, really matter? If so, then what class should I look for? And lastly, who do I buy the sd card from? (ie. samsung because that's the brand of phone, maybe theyre more compatible? or sandisk? or what?)
- 01-09-2013, 03:04 AM #2If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
- 01-09-2013, 03:21 AM #3
- 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM #4
Re: SD Cards. What class and from whom to buy them?
A Class 2 SD card is supposed to be guaranteed to read and write at a speed at least as high as 16 Mbps. The highest quality MP3 files you can get from Google are about 1/50 that size. A completely uncompressed CD rip has a data rate of about 1/12 that much. Finally, a full, high resolution, uncompressed DVD-audio rip playing at 24bit/96hz has a data rate that is about 1/4 of that speed.
Basically, even the slowest Class 2 card has more than enough bandwidth to play any type of audio stream you want. A faster class will really only show up when you are copying audio files to the card.
Get a quality brand name though, as not all vendors are legitimate in the speed ratings. Sandisc, PNY, Amazon, Trancend are all good names.
- By bwbski in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2012, 05:59 PM
- By handsomeprince in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
- By Mingneh in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2012, 03:38 PM
- By NealJ777 in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 10Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
- By charlie hustle in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 12-17-2010, 10:39 PM