Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon phone flashed to Cricket can't be flashed back?

I made the mistake of not meeting at the Verizon store and bought a Galaxy S3 off Craigslist. It has a clean esn but it won't read the 4G sim card or connect the Verizon data network. I found out it was flashed to Cricket so I used Odin to flash it back to the original rom that came with the version of the phone which changed it to Baseband version: I535VRLEC but this still won't work it still has the same problem reading the Verizon 4G sim

I guess my question is... if there is a different rom I should flash it too? Or is it that once it has been flashed from Verizon to Cricket it can't flashed back to be used on Verizon again?

Default Re: Verizon phone flashed to Cricket can't be flashed back?

Quote Originally Posted by MR OZ View Post
    I made the mistake of not meeting at the Verizon store and bought a Galaxy S3 off Craigslist. It has a clean esn but it won't read the 4G sim card or connect the Verizon data network. I found out it was flashed to Cricket so I used Odin to flash it back to the original rom that came with the version of the phone which changed it to Baseband version: I535VRLEC but this still won't work it still has the same problem reading the Verizon 4G sim

I guess my question is... if there is a different rom I should flash it too? Or is it that once it has been flashed from Verizon to Cricket it can't flashed back to be used on Verizon again?
    Are you positive that the phone was originally on Verizon and flashed to Cricket? Everything I've found says the two networks are not compatible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah it's definitely a Verizon phone and I was able to get in contact with the guy who I got it from and he said it was flashed to Cricket.

Are you sure the SIM card is good?

I know that after a period of time of inactivity, the Verizon 4G SIM cards get "de-registered" (10 days maybe?), and you have to get a new one. Even if you think the SIM is good, at the very least, I'd go a Verizon store and try a new SIM.

ROM
    CleanRom 2.0 w/LK 06

Baseband looks wrong. Download the latest Verizon baseband.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Please keep in mind that discussions about how to modify phones in the manner described here are not permitted. Thanks.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.