Going from iPhone to Android....should I do it??

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
take the leap. I jumped from IOS to Android and I couldn't be more happier.
I even went as far as returning my ipad that I recently purchased...and then buying a Nexus10 and a Nexus 7 with the money I was refunded.

As far as the phone selection...I had both the DNA and SG3...I like the DNA better but the SG3 wasn't that far behind. What made me choose the DNA was its screen and to me, the camera was better on my DNA than my SG3.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Be really for lower battery life I just came back to apple from the HTC One X and really don't mind the screen size Going from 4.7 inch to 3.5 Inch I did like the larger screen but overall I think that apple has an overall better Quality. I just got the iPhone 4S and like the quality 10x times better then plastic. I have been with android since android 1.5 for the most part and have also had the iPhone 3G 4 and now 4s but I have had more android phones 6 in all. And always miss having good app,phone, and overall quality when with android and couldn't been happier going back to apple.

On my last android (Htc One X) Max battery of 10 hours with display on the lowest and using the built in task manager the kill apps and would have to keep a charger with me at work and in my car so I wouldnt have the phone die on me. And with my iPhone 4S I have haven't even had it die or get under 20% on a work day.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Be really for lower battery life I just came back to apple from the HTC One X and really don't mind the screen size Going from 4.7 inch to 3.5 Inch I did like the larger screen but overall I think that apple has an overall better Quality. I just got the iPhone 4S and like the quality 10x times better then plastic. I have been with android since android 1.5 for the most part and have also had the iPhone 3G 4 and now 4s but I have had more android phones 6 in all. And always miss having good app,phone, and overall quality when with android and couldn't been happier going back to apple.

On my last android (Htc One X) Max battery of 10 hours with display on the lowest and using the built in task manager the kill apps and would have to keep a charger with me at work and in my car so I wouldnt have the phone die on me. And with my iPhone 4S I have haven't even had it die or get under 20% on a work day.

You were one of those guys who were doing it wrong.

Firstly task managers cause more harm than good. Android frees up memory very efficiently on its own. The more you kill the harder it is because android restarts all the apps that run over again instead of keeping them in the ram.

Secondly the hox had an 1800mah battery comparable to the sgs2 skyrocket I have at 1850mah. Knowing that and having a bit of knowledge about how android works I can say its stats should be able to perform on a level similar to this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357882155379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357882155379.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 41
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357882171726.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357882171726.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 41

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

One of the things that turned me off of getting the iPhone 5 was the lack of durability of the packaging. The iPhone 5 really needs to have a case, since it gets marked up very easily. The iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s were okay using just Apple's rubber bumper case (which I did for a couple of years, and was happy with that). However, one of the reasons that I got the S3 instead of the iPhone 5 was because I really don't like to have to a full case for a phone, and the iPhone 5, while nice looking, is fragile in terms of getting dinged and scratched (not the screen, the back and around the edges). The S3 isn't rugged, but I don't feel the need for any kind of case with it, and so far it's been great. The other reasons included the size of the screen on the S3, the speed of the phone, and I think that Android phones have passed iOS phones in terms of features.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
One X Plus. Do it! Selling my iPhone5 and iPad3 this weekend.

Incredibly sad but I am now proceeding to de-Apple my life. Without Steve Jobs it's just not the same.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

On my One X with juice defender and 4.1 I can go one whole day easy on average use, even more with light use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thread seems to be getting off topic... Since this is a Verizon subforum, it's important to note that HTC's "One" line is not available on Verizon, which given the OP's situation is obviously the network she would have to be on. Also, just stay away from juice defender or any apps of that nature -- while they were absolutely necessary on older versions of Android they probably do more harm than good now.

I owned HTC phones for years, but I made the switch to Samsung because HTC has become notorious for using smaller batteries which results in less time off the charger. Not sure if I'll ever go back...

Screenshot_2012-11-29-22-35-16.png

cheekybrown

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I switched to the S3 yesterday and I dropped three calls in my house last night :( We live way out in the country in central NC. Never dropped a call anywhere with Verizon before....now I'm in a pickle if I can't use my new phone inside my own house. Decisions, decisions.....

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is known to have horrible radios in their phones. I live in an AT&T dead zone and going from my Htc one c to the I phone I only drop a call about once a week unlike the One x having to go outside to place a call.

Ok why would it be a bad idea to use the built in Task killer? And I really don't think it should be the size of the battery On iPhone has like 1400 Mah and I have 85% after being off the charger for 9 and half hours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 33

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is known to have horrible radios in their phones. I live in an AT&T dead zone and going from my Htc one c to the I phone I only drop a call about once a week unlike the One x having to go outside to place a call.

Ok why would it be a bad idea to use the built in Task killer? And I really don't think it should be the size of the battery On iPhone has like 1400 Mah and I have 85% after being off the charger for 9 and half hours

Android is linux based and does not run like Windows or ios. It handles memory differently. Intuitively we believe more free memory the better but in android this is not the case. Android caches applications and also many times shares resources with other apps. Just because you see an app in the task manager doesn't mean its active or draining power. By killing the applications you are forcing android to work and fill this memory gap so that it can run efficiently. By killing the apps you are having adverse effect. Task manager is there to protect you from poorly coded apps that perhaps are crashing or for trouble shooting purposes. So killing all open apps will not help with battery life unless it is an app designed to run in the background like a music player or navi etc...

With my note 2 I consistently get well over 14hrs off charge and could probably go the whole day till 0%(I'm a very heavy user). I have never dropped a call since u have received this phone so if someone is i would contact Verizon and make sure things are set up correctly on their end..

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I switched to the S3 yesterday and I dropped three calls in my house last night :( We live way out in the country in central NC. Never dropped a call anywhere with Verizon before....now I'm in a pickle if I can't use my new phone inside my own house. Decisions, decisions.....

I hate to mention it, but Verizon has a "Network Extender" that I use here at my house. I'm in a Verizon "fringe" area (a "best" area, according to Verizon's coverage map *smile*). The Network Extender boosts cell signal strength, and allows visitors to reliably use 3G. I always use WiFi at home, not 3G, since WiFi is much faster and easier on the battery. I've also turned off 4G on my S3, since my place is even more marginal for that, and with WiFi I just don't need it at home. The Network Extender was about $250, but has worked well for the last few years with Verizon. Without it, my iPhone's battery was used up really fast, since the phone seemed to be wasting a lot of energy just trying to maintain cell phone connected-ness.

Anyways, if you're in a marginal Verizon cell signal strength area, I'd recommend their Network Extender. It really bothers me to pay the same as everyone else for Verizon coverage, and then have to buy an expensive piece of hardware to get it, but it is a one-time cost, helps my battery usage, and allows me to make calls reliably from home.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Lol, Sprint has the same thing...the Airwave, they used to give it away for free and comp the service fee even.. .

I agree...the "Network Extender"/femtocell should be free, since you need it to get the service that you're paying for *smile*. It really is part of Verizon's infrastructure. But that's the way that Verizon is, any way that they can figure to make money from customers, they'll do it. At least it's a one-time cost, no monthly fee, they really are missing out by doing that *smile*.

cheekybrown

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think not....LOL
Both my kids iPhones work perfectly. I hate to say it, but I might be exchanging the phone....I am not giving V any more money than I already do monthly!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My assumption is that you're positive that the calls didn't drop from the other caller? Is the phone dropping all calls or just specific calls?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781