do i need to unlock?

jdmarler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My wife just got the s3 galaxy and with the lastest software it lets you go global. She is going out of country in a few weeks, she is wondering will she be able to use a local sim card from that country rather than going through verizon? Will she need to obtain a unlock code or does the update unlock it?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got the s3 galaxy and with the lastest software it lets you go global. She is going out of country in a few weeks, she is wondering will she be able to use a local sim card from that country rather than going through verizon? Will she need to obtain a unlock code or does the update unlock it?

Everything depends on where you are traveling to. Some places only accept GSM vs. others that accept CDMA as well. My recommendation is to call Verizon and check with them just in case.I don't think you would need a different or new SIM card, but I honestly haven't left the country with my cell phone. Verizon may also want it noted so they don't think your phone was stolen?? Again this last statement is a guess?

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S 3.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I would call them just to be sure. They should give you the unlock code for free if locked, I have done so for several other phones before.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums