Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock messaging app issue

The stock messaging app had the group message setting, but when I receive replies from my group message it does not show who the sender is. I have three people in my group message and have no idea who is replying to my message. There is no contact name or number in the bubble message.

Anyone notice this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Stock messaging app issue

Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    The stock messaging app had the group message setting, but when I receive replies from my group message it does not show who the sender is. I have three people in my group message and have no idea who is replying to my message. There is no contact name or number in the bubble message.

Anyone notice this?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Yes and I had to go to goSMS in order to see who the messages are from. I wasn't able to figure it out on the stock app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

While traveling recently I may have come across this issue. I opened the stock messaging app and then realized I still had Airplane Mode on. The most recent messages just displayed the phone numbers and not the senders names. Soon as I turned off Airplane Mode and the phone regained signal the numbers resolved to names. Not sure if that's the same issue as the OP noted, though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No that's not the issue. My regular messages show the senders name. It is the group messaging when sending to multiple people and they reply I don't know who is replying.

I want to use the stock messaging app, but this needs to be solved first!

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I have been looking for a solution to that problem as well. I thought i fixed it but still doesnt show whos saying what in a group message. Would love to hear a fix to this problem .

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

I just went through this. stock app doesn't allow you to see the group. do yourself a favor and download an app like go sms pro...this app will do what you're looking for.

I have to say....I can't stand the TW messaging app! Nuff Said
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I was really hoping I could use the stock messaging app without issues but it seems that the amount of issues it has is just out of control.

This needs to be fixed there is no excuse for this on samsungs part. I want to be able to use the direct call motion feature and I can't bc I wont use the stock messaging app until this is all fixed.

Also the fact that when u view a MMS that it opens as a video and doesn't even fill the screen.

Sad that these third party msging apps are so far superior to a global company (Samsung)

That sucks that it can't show the names. I tried go sms and it always slows down and freezes when someone sends something to the group message.