1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Firmware update failures

My phone keeps recognizing that i have an update available. Every time I try to install it, it fails about half way through and reboots itself. I tried installed samsung kies in hoping it will help me install my firmware. However, while kies does recognize I have an out of date firmware, it keeps telling me that my device's firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies. Can anyone help me with this?

Default Re: Firmware update failures

You are going to have to give more info than this...

More info about what has been done to the phone.....Are you stock or rooted? Frozen Apps? etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry as to being new at this. My phone is not rooted. My device status is normal. I don't have any issues with frozen apps. I tried removing the SD card and still no luck with updating the firmware successfully.

Hello Just wondered if anyone could help. I have unrooted Galaxy S3 and have just gone to complete latest update via Kies. All was going smoothly, download to phone was complete, when error came up on PC saying USB device not recognised. I have reinstalled the Kies drivers but phone is left with Android Logo and Downloading ....Do not turn off target. I am just very worried about rebooting phone. Any advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rushton View Post
    Hello Just wondered if anyone could help. I have unrooted Galaxy S3 and have just gone to complete latest update via Kies. All was going smoothly, download to phone was complete, when error came up on PC saying USB device not recognised. I have reinstalled the Kies drivers but phone is left with Android Logo and Downloading ....Do not turn off target. I am just very worried about rebooting phone. Any advice please?
    I'm not really sure what happened to it but, it sounds like a bad download if it went wrong.

If it were me, I would unplug and pull the battery, then boot into recovery and wipe data/factory reset and then see what it does.

Sent from my DROID MAXX HD

I was under the impression that the Verizon S3 couldn't update via Kies...is that incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I was under the impression that the Verizon S3 couldn't update via Kies...is that incorrect?
    I think I did read somewhere that you couldn't use Kies for that phone. Not 100% sure though.

VS930 4G using Android Central Forums

I don't use Kies for anything. Pretty lame program. I use OTA for updates.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I don't use Kies for anything. Pretty lame program. I use OTA for updates.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    I've never used it either. I've always used OTA for updates and ODIN when I've screwed something up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by tooter123; 01-21-2013 at 07:15 PM.