1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about group messaging?

Is there any way to show the persons names by the text they send in group messaging? Cause it just shows everybody at the top and idk who's sending what message. I tried group messaging on go sms but its way to slow and always freezes when someone sends a text in the group message.

Default Re: Question about group messaging?

I just posted a thread on this above yours. It is so aggravating because I do not want to use gosms or handcent. I want the stock app! I group message a lot so I have no choice but to use a third party msg app until this gets fixed. How did this get past Samsung?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I had the same issue. I really didn't want to download a 3rd party app, but it was killing me, not knowing what was from who and all that. So I bit the bullet and downloaded Verizon's messaging app. It's actually not that bad. I only really use it when I group text, so not very often, and I like that you can designate a different color for each person. I say give it a shot and if it doesn't work out, you can always delete it. Good luck!

Yeah I am using Verizon Messages, it is actually great....had no issues, but I do want to use the samsung direct call motion and in order to use that you need to be using the stock app...UGH!

I'm not really sure what you're all seeing, but in my group conversation it shows the name of the person that sent the response in the little text bubble. All the names that are part of the conversation are shown in the bar at the top, but each response has the persons' name. I'm using the stock Messaging app; Verizon, 4.1.1

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2