Backup plus pictures in gallery... How do i delete?

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So, i regrettable used the backup plus program on my phone. I've used it before to back up my contacts successfully, but not since i got my S3.. Anyways right to the crux of the matter. The program supposedly "backed up" my pictures and videos to my email (even though i've looked for them in there and can't find them) and for some reason, left duplicate copies in my gallery on my phone under the label "backup plus". Not only is this irritating to have cluttering up my gallery, but I CANT FREAKING DELETE THEM. Sorry for the caps-lock, this is just really irritating me. I've tried the traditional method of deleting them by just clicking on them and hitting the menu key then delete, and i've tried mass deleting them. None of it works. It just doesn't do anything. I've even tried holding on a picture and going to "details" and finding its location through the file manager and deleting it that way. None of it works.
The worst part is, I don't know if these duplicate albums are taking MORE space on my phone. If so then it really really REALLY bothers me. Either way, i want these gone. At least to appeal to my inner OCD kid. I hate having unnecessary stuff cluttering up my phone.
Somebody please shed some insight into this. I really don't care if they are backed up or not, or if they are taking up extra memory. I just would prefer to disable backup assistant and not have to deal with this stuff.
Can somebody give me some advice?
Thanks

Tom Bodner

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I was able to delete mine, but you may need to make sure that you go into the backup plus settings (under the main settings menu, just scroll down to Accounts and click Backup Asst. Plus

> What would you like to sync? > uncheck anything you want not or dont want to be synced. Make sure photos is not checked. Then go back into the gallery, go into the backup+ folder, hit the menu button on bottom left, select items, then the top right there will be a garbage can that shows up. Be aware, that it may lag somewhat when you select delete, it won't look like it's deleting them at first, at least not for me. And it even stopped deleting when I let my screen go off.

This is how I did it, unless you're just having some weird glitch....

Oh, and PS. it shouldn't be taking up any memory on your phone, hency why you have 500 MB free or something like that, it's up in a cloud somewhere. So, the folder you see is just a way to access them in said cloud...

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i thought it was stored in the cloud and not duplicates. Either way, it annoys the crap outta me. And i've tried selecting them and deleting and it does lag, but never actually deletes them. Ill try again.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That actually worked. I went in and unchecked all the boxes, then went into my app manager and cleared the cache for it and force closed it. Then I just went to my gallery and selected all the pics and videos and deleted them. It worked instantly. Nice.
Thanks for the advice!

phoneguy32

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
i tried to use this program but evertime i try to back up contacts it just tells me to "please wait". also i never uploaded anything and it says i have used 300 out 0f 500mb

Katherine Nesheim

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have the same problem, but on the galaxy S4. The folder is called "Auto Backup" and I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. It is driving me nuts. The method used for the S3 doesn't work on my phone...any ideas?

Thanks!

gmagnuson

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have the same problem, but on the galaxy S4. The folder is called "Auto Backup" and I CAN'T GET RID OF IT. It is driving me nuts. The method used for the S3 doesn't work on my phone...any ideas?

Thanks!

I was having the same issue on my VZW GS4. To get rid of the auto backup (picasa) album on my phone, I simply went to my gallery --> settings --> content to display --> uncheck the "content in picasa" box. Hope this helps as it did for me!

sassypants03

May 31, 2013
Visit site
So thanks to gmagnuson I got my picture to go away from the auto back up folder thank you!!! I'm just curious... there's some pictures I've taken that I really wouldn't want anybody to see besides me or my boyfriend and they keep coming up randomly on my galaxy s 4 a notification pops up saying I have 9 new pictures backed up and I can either select them all and continue or click cancel.. I'm not sure what it means but I don't have an option to delete them!!! I tried to select them all and continue and it popped up with my location almost like it was going to post them online to some folder I started freaking out!! When I hit cancel it does nothing.. the pictures still come back! Somebody help me I'm not sure what to do how to get rid of them and why just those certain pictures are getting backed up or saved like that... ugh so frustrating!

nelu46

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
i would want to ask how can i delet my picasa backup from my photo gallery.
i have some personal pictures which i deleted them but i changed my phone from S3 to S3 light and the pictures appeared in my gallery out of blue.
i tried all possible solutions to delet them and its really a pain please help me

Ako Paw

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

to delete the automatic back up image, picassa,

follow the steps

>go to your gallery

>select album

>check the automatic back up and picassa

>long press the home button

>go to settings

>go to application manager

>go to all applications

>choose gallery

>press clear cache, clear date, force stop

>exit

>then go back to your gallery

>it's already deleted

>i hope this helps guys =)

sassypants03

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Ako Paw... even though the album doesn't show up when I take more pictures some of them randomly get backed up.. and it shows all these pictures I don't want.. and I can check them all and continue them or cancel.. and when I cancel nothing happens. There's no option to get rid of them!!! HELP!!!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ako Paw... even though the album doesn't show up when I take more pictures some of them randomly get backed up.. and it shows all these pictures I don't want.. and I can check them all and continue them or cancel.. and when I cancel nothing happens. There's no option to get rid of them!!! HELP!!!

Go to your Google account under sync and tell it not to back up your photos. Get on to a computer and sign into your google account go to picasa select the photos ypu don't want up there and delete them in the cloud. Picasa is a Google service and will automatically back stuff up when you choose to back your phone up with Google. As for Backup Assistant Plus it ia the same thing go turn it off, personally i would say completely there is nothing it can do for ypu your phone can't do ten ways to Sunday. Sign on to your Verizon account and delete whatever content is up there. Until you delete these items from whatever server they are on every time yoy turn pne of the backups back on they will all reappear again.

Posted via Android Central App

Heather Brown1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have tried everything that everyone has put on here. It is a file in my gallery that is names Auto Backup and it is under Picasa or whatever. It is not working and it I still there. It is driving me crazy. Can anymore please help me out. I have a Samsung Galaxy S lll. Someone please help me out on this. Thank you much!

sassypants03

May 31, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU Vudumedic!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the pictures deleted once I was on my computer.. now how do I set it up to where they aren't automatically backed up. The website tells me how to do it.. but I don't know how to do it from my phone or computer.. lol.. It walks me through a step by step how to disable it but I don't understand how!!! haha!!!

HELP!!!!!!

Blueeyes214

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I Have pictires in the back up gallery that i dont want on the phone . How can i delete them
I did a master reset and wiped the Galaxy S3 clean and now they are back

Please help