Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: After owning the s3 for about 3 months, I'm not impressed with some things

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    I'm about to root my phone so that I can get a good backup...I'm used to pretty effortless complete backups from my iPhone, but it seems that the only decent backups that you can get on an Android phone is by rooting it and using something like Titanium backup. I tried MyBackup Pro without root, and found that for things like "google authenticator", it would not backup the app settings, so when I had to do a factory reset, I needed to go and set it up both my gmail accounts in it all over again. This time I saved the qr codes to do that next time, but still, it is a pain. Backing up my phone with iTunes used to take care of that, when I restored the "google authenticator" app using iTunes, it was perfect, picked up where it had left off.
    So I did just root my phone (first time for me), and finally have a decent backup. Also was able to freeze the Verizon apps and the "email" app, among others that were running at odd times, and get rid of a lot of ads. Also set the phone flash count back to 0. Figuring that we won't be getting another update for some time, but you never know.

Has helped with battery usage, and also not being able to decently backup a device that I've spent time configuring is a non-starter for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12