Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can i set my text notification volume higher when I receive a text vs email?

Can i set my notification to be louder (not just different) when I receive a text? However for email I want it to be lower.

I have an online texting calendar reminder that goes off twice a month and want to wake up when I receive this text.

I set my notifications low because I don't care about emails i get in the middle of the night (or even day since I keep checking my phone).

Thanks!

Default Re: Can i set my text notification volume higher when I receive a text vs email?

Find a tone that you want for email. Edit the volume of the tone on a PC or such to a lower level. Then use the lower level tone for your email.
    Or just turn off email ringtone notifications since you state you don't care for them day or night.

Global Posts
    4,297 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TNTC

Default Re: Can i set my text notification volume higher when I receive a text vs email?

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    Find a tone that you want for email. Edit the volume of the tone on a PC or such to a lower level. Then use the lower level tone for your email.
    Or just turn off email ringtone notifications since you state you don't care for them day or night.
    That's why I do...I just use a very short, soft, subtle tone for email that doesn't bug me when it goes off during the day...or at night.