Screen Doesn't Always Turn Off
I've noticed that my wife's screen doesn't always turn off after she puts it down. She'll leave it at the home screen and set it down. I look at it a couple minutes later and it is still displaying the screen. I've changed the time out settings to as little as 15 seconds and it is still on a minute later. As I don't use it I don't know how often it does this but noticed this several times just over the weekend. Anyone else encounter this type of behavior? I know she could just press the power button to power off the screen but shouldn't need to do that.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
- 01-14-2013, 01:38 PM #2
- 722 Posts
Re: Screen Doesn't Always Turn Off
Go to 'settings -> display -> Smart stay'
Turn it off.
This is most likely the problem. It is trying to determine if you are still looking at the screen. If you are, it keeps the screen turned on.
Great idea, but no perfect. I often have it hang up and keep my screen turned on if there is some background lighting that confuses it.
- By TerryMasters in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 14Last Post: 12-24-2012, 04:30 PM
- By Abercius in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
- By airtas in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2011, 05:10 PM
- By drewsonian in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 08-16-2011, 11:40 PM
- By panicprone77 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 12Last Post: 07-30-2011, 10:11 AM