1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What the heck?

Recently I started to get this pop up that says "please wait while we get this application ready" or something like that! The screen freezes and the pop up comes on. After about a minute it's back to normal. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm running stock jb not rooted. Oh yeah, I watched a video for 10 minutes today and my battery was on fire. 130 degrees. Is my phone doomed??

sent from CletuS the almighty S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What the heck?-uploadfromtaptalk1358468814005.jpg   What the heck?-uploadfromtaptalk1358468840696.jpg  

Default Re: What the heck?

I think that I'd do a factory reset first, especially because of the battery heating problem which means that some app is going crazy and causing your phone to use a lot of power (that's what heat means, too much power is being used, which causes heat). Then you can re-install your apps and hopefully these problems will be fixed. If the reset doesn't fix it, then go from there in looking at the problem, but I think that there's a good chance that just resetting the phone will fix it.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I had that happen a couple times the other day but hasn't happened since

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LdotAdot13 View Post
    Recently I started to get this pop up that says "please wait while we get this application ready" or something like that! The screen freezes and the pop up comes on. After about a minute it's back to normal. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm running stock jb not rooted. Oh yeah, I watched a video for 10 minutes today and my battery was on fire. 130 degrees. Is my phone doomed??

Let me guess, you're in Indianapolis.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by droidrider View Post
    Let me guess, you're in Indianapolis.

Close!

What program is waiting to load, you didn't specify that. Or does this just randomly pop-up. Is that your text messaging program in the foreground of your Navigation software? Trying to figure out if you have a crappy app that is spamming your or something and bogging down your phone. When you look at your battery stats, what does it say is using the most of your battery?

It randomly pops up, I was in the middle of a text and twitter and all of a sudden it popped up

Quote Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
    It randomly pops up, I was in the middle of a text and twitter and all of a sudden it popped up
    I have gotten the same thing twice, and using different programs.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
    What program is waiting to load, you didn't specify that. Or does this just randomly pop-up. Is that your text messaging program in the foreground of your Navigation software? Trying to figure out if you have a crappy app that is spamming your or something and bogging down your phone. When you look at your battery stats, what does it say is using the most of your battery?
    It's every app that it happens to. Not all the time but it does get annoying. Seeing that other people have this issue reassures me.

The screen is usually what eats the most, I think I figured out the app that caused the heat. So now I'm just wondering about the pop up.

Theres another thread about this now.......looks like it may be an issue with verizon's backup assistant.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Happened a couple times to me this morning again

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    Happened a couple times to me this morning again

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    Do you use Verizon's Backup Assistant?

Theres another thread about this now.......looks like it may be an issue with verizon's backup assistant.
    Do you use Verizon's Backup Assistant?
    See this other thread here...
    This keeps popping up

Does seem like Verizon Backup Assistant may be the culprit (It's definitely a Verizon app of some kind). If possible, I'd try disabling it and see if that make it go away.

To answer the OP's other question, 130 degrees is pretty hot, but if it was just for a short while you should be fine. If the device gets real hot, I always suggest removing any case you may have on it and completely shutting it down for a few minutes.