Screen wont turn off in dock

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have an annoying bug that happened once I got the VZW 4.1.1 OTA...when I place my phone in the Samsung Multimedia dock at my office, the screen never turns off. It always did before based on my 30sec setting for the screen to turn off with no action. Is there some setting that got switched when I got the latest update? Anyone else seeing this bug? Really dont wanna reset if I dont have to. Thanks!

tetaganda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
NO one is having this problem???

I got this advice today from another member

[Tip]When hooking up to hdmi you can use an app called screen standby which shuts off your screen. This is great for battery charging while hooked up. Also good for pausing for long period of time so screen burn in doesnt set in[/tip]

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Sent from the best. phone. ever. Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Sent from the best. phone. ever. Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I have an annoying bug that happened once I got the VZW 4.1.1 OTA...when I place my phone in the Samsung Multimedia dock at my office, the screen never turns off. It always did before based on my 30sec setting for the screen to turn off with no action. Is there some setting that got switched when I got the latest update? Anyone else seeing this bug? Really dont wanna reset if I dont have to. Thanks!

Any chance you have that smart stay feature on and it detects that you are possibly looking at the phone and won't turn off? I just got a car mount and mine won't turn off either and I'm guessing that is the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any chance you have that smart stay feature on and it detects that you are possibly looking at the phone and won't turn off? I just got a car mount and mine won't turn off either and I'm guessing that is the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

WOAH! You nailed it! I cant believe it was picking me up from across the desk! Kinda bummed I have to turn that off but happy to find a fix!