Stock Email problems

twc666

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
SCH-1535 with Android 4.1.1

I have had a problem using the stock email app since day 1, even in the store...if I click on the add accounts I get a "Unable to connect to server Error 503" pop up message and the Set up email screen reads "We were unable to connect to your email provider for setting up or restoring your email accounts" And then it gives me the option to set up a Corporate or Others account email manually.

However, when I do this with my AOL account, it will never push the email, and even when it's set to sync. It never syncs. I can manully set up the AOL email as a POP or SMTP, but the only options I have for it to check for mail are every hour, every half hour and every 15 minutes....

I am stuck using Aqua Mail, but I really want to be able to use the stock email.

What is this server error, why is this phone not able to load the different email provider options?

The phone is also unable to connect with Time Warner and let me log in as a cable provider and use the Watch ESPN app...don't know if that is a related error or unrelated error...posted about that in a separate message...

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issue with the email and its so irritating its annoying me to no end..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888