Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By paintdrinkingpete
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photo Storage

Besides the Cloud (which I hate), are there any good online photo storage options for the S3? I downloaded KeepSafe Vault, but that does not give me online access.

Thanks

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default Re: Photo Storage

There is ways Picasa

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dropbox is nice because you can set your photos to automatically upload to Dropbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorroth1 View Post
    Besides the Cloud (which I hate), are there any good online photo storage options for the S3? I downloaded KeepSafe Vault, but that does not give me online access.

Thanks
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "The Cloud", because that's precisely what "online storage" is, unless the capital letter 'C' was to denote a particular brand-name service I'm unfamiliar with?

Your statement is similar to saying, "Besides sedans (which I hate) are there any good 4-door cars with a trunk out there?"

Anyway, Dropbox is great choice. Easy to setup online, on your PC, and via the app, and has instant upload options so you don't even have to do anything. Google also has their own instant upload feature built into Google+. I actually use both, and they both work quite well, but in terms of user-friendliness, I think Dropbox is the best.
    ansextra and leftyman like this.

Dropbox is very easy-to-use & has online access.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I like SOS Backup-->
    Includes 5GB of free online storage & it preserves the folder tree for when you restore the backup.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "The Cloud", because that's precisely what "online storage" is, unless the capital letter 'C' was to denote a particular brand-name service I'm unfamiliar with?

Your statement is similar to saying, "Besides sedans (which I hate) are there any good 4-door cars with a trunk out there?"

Anyway, Dropbox is great choice. Easy to setup online, on your PC, and via the app, and has instant upload options so you don't even have to do anything. Google also has their own instant upload feature built into Google+. I actually use both, and they both work quite well, but in terms of user-friendliness, I think Dropbox is the best.
    A simple answer to my question would have worked well...less the sarcasm.

Cloud is verizons back up storage for photos and contacts...the contact portion works well, the photo part not so much

Thanks to the nonsarcastic responders...it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorroth1 View Post
    A simple answer to my question would have worked well...less the sarcasm.

Cloud is verizons back up storage for photos and contacts...the contact portion works well, the photo part not so much

Thanks to the nonsarcastic responders...it is appreciated.

I apologize if my comment had an offensive or sarcastic tone, however I did not intend it to be sarcasm -- I honestly thought your original question lacked a necessary clarification of what you meant by "Cloud", as that is a general term that encompasses all "online storage" solutions. I actually agree that Verizon's cloud-based backup service is awful...I don't even recommend using it for contacts and just avoid the entire service altogether.

Not to mention the fact that I did offer my opinion of those services which I use....

Would it be sarcastic to recommend Skydrive? It gives you 7 gig of storage as opposed to 5 from Dropbox for free
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks Pete, I did see your suggestion and a few others....I downloaded Dropbox...I like the way it automatically sends photos to my computer....need to do some looking around. I have not had any issues with the contacts list....YET...but the photo saving sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    I apologize if my comment had an offensive or sarcastic tone, however I did not intend it to be sarcasm -- I honestly thought your original question lacked a necessary clarification of what you meant by "Cloud", as that is a general term that encompasses all "online storage" solutions. I actually agree that Verizon's cloud-based backup service is awful...I don't even recommend using it for contacts and just avoid the entire service altogether.

Not to mention the fact that I did offer my opinion of those services which I use....

Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gives 5GB of storage and was recently updated to automatically upload pictures like Dropbox (which I use). I haven't tried it yet. Reviews seem pretty positive.

Default Photo Storage

Google + makes things difficult, sharing photos outside of your circles.
    I personally don't want my photos stored on a social media site.
    I tried sending a group of photos via email, and the recipient had to have a Google account to view the files.
    Dropbox is fine, but only offers 2GB of storage.
    You get more storage with referrals, but that's if they sign up.
    There is also Amazon Cloud. Great layout, but the app has limited functions.
    You don't have an option when uploading photos, as to what album you want to save it to.
    There is also no option to share an album, or several photos at once.
    For some odd reason, I have 10 GB of cloud storage with Amazon.
    And again, the layout is beautiful, so I may use Amazon myself.
    There is also One Drive, although not sure how well it works on Android. Good luck

The 10GB of storage is between your photos and videos, and a new feature in the Kindle app. You have 5 GB of storage for your documents.
    It's a nice feature, you email the docs to your kindle email.
    And the files auto sync to your Kindle for viewing.
    Last edited by joemd60; 04-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.