RAM Memory Maxing

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

For some reason my Ram memory is getting close to 1.4GB of which my phone consistently shows I have 1.56GB and therefore my phone gets extremely sluggish. I can go into task manager and clear memory and about 52 applications will be closed but they just start back up within the next few minutes. I could hit clear memory repeatedly and at least 1 or 2 applications would close. Is there a good program that I can minimize the ram memory usage so my phone doesn't suffer such bad lag. Any other suggestions, I am open. Thanks.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need to figure out what apps keep opening and why. The memory management built into android is good especially on jb. Your issue is the apps you have. Also your issue is probably not an issue with ram but too many processes running at once.

Sent from my refrigerator

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
What is the typical ram that should be running at any given time? In other words,if I randomly go into task manager and look, what should it read? On average.

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
A lot of the process simply look like they are android processes that don't associate with an app. I'll look into it further, could be lookout security that runs all the time. I also run a program called Tasker that runs in the background all the time.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that you have 1.4gb used? I would suspect that you have a rogue app in there that you need to uninstall. Probably consuming resourses and slowing things down. Does the running apps list show anything that is huge?
Generally, as nrm5110 points out, the OS moves apps into ram to prepare them to use. The end result is that it reacts faster when those apps are called on. They don't slow anything down unless they are problem apps.
It isn't like a PC where when you run out of ram it uses the hard disk as virtual memory and slows things down. The Android OS will simply remove apps from ram and make room for new apps if needed.

nbdiver

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
yes, i constantly run around 1.4gb used. If an app shows in the "running" column of the application manager does that mean it is only in a cached state until the app is actually run? I can go in and clear my list of active applications and it will still run above 1.1GB of used space.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to see how much ram apps/ programs are using? I know I can check the Battery settings but again its pretty general and to my knowledge doesnt show RAM. For ex. if I did have a rogue app how would I know that particular app was sucking up all my RAM?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to see how much ram apps/ programs are using? I know I can check the Battery settings but again its pretty general and to my knowledge doesnt show RAM. For ex. if I did have a rogue app how would I know that particular app was sucking up all my RAM?

Are you rooted?

Sent from my refrigerator

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers