1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email issues

Hi there,

Ever since the JB update, my aol Email doesn't work anymore. (My 3 Gmail accounts work just fine).

The problem is the password. It has the wrong password stored for that account. Everytime I try to change it, I get an error that says, "503 service unavailable"... and then it keeps the wrong password. This has been happening ever since I upgraded to JB over a month ago... any help would be very appreciated! Thanks!

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Re: Email issues

I am having the same issue and it is so annoying and no one seems to have a clue why its happening...I dont think verizon is even sure of why that stupid error is coming up...Been searching everywhere to solve this problem!!

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

If you can't reset the password then delete the account and then recreate it (make sure you know all the settings before deleting).
    Galaxy S3 16GB Unrooted Pebble Blue
    Verizon,USA
    Android V4.3

Restarting the phone fixes the issue. I've had the same issue with my Aol accounts, & thought it was Aol specific until it happened with my Gmail. Everything works without entering the password if you restart the phone.

I'm Somebody's Daddy

I have gotten the "503 service unavailable" error every time I try to load the stock email client and use AOL. I then have to choose Others and enter the AOL information manually. However, then the email doesn't push and the smallest interval I can enter for it to check for new email is 15 minutes

As a result, I can't use the stock email app..which kind of sucks....I am using Aqua Mail, but I have gotten this service unavailable error ever since I got the phone (early January of this year)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone... I just did a battery pull and it still didn't work and it won't let me delete the account. But then I downloaded Aqua Mail and that seems to be working, thanks!