Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking GS III on multiple carriers?

I have a Galaxy S3 (Verizon) which is currently running on their new LTE spectrum. I am looking to see if the device is able to be unlocked and used on a different carrier. I beleive they both use Micro-SIM cards and my mother would like to have one for T-Mobile.

Default Re: GS III on multiple carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymiz83 View Post
    I have a Galaxy S3 (Verizon) which is currently running on their new LTE spectrum. I am looking to see if the device is able to be unlocked and used on a different carrier. I beleive they both use Micro-SIM cards and my mother would like to have one for T-Mobile.
    Bottom line answer no. LTE CDMA (VZW) vs. LTE GSM (T Mobile /AT&T) just don't mix and match.

If you had a case you were on AT&T or T Mobile they will sometimes (or used to) give you an unlock code. The reasons had to be specific as it would be voiding you subscription ETFs yada yada and you could leave one and go to the other.

For instance I bought a Nexus 7 with HSPA+protocol. I had to choose micro sim from AT&T or T mobile on a 2 year subscription or prepaid month by month when I think I need data over Wifi out of house. Last options make my GS3 hotspot and kill both batteries and data or by separate hotspot on contract and use sane data.

Again I must state again, bottom line answer is Sorry it's incompatible networks.

Sorry for rambling :sly:

Sent from my VZW SamsungGalaxy S3