2 questions

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks in advance for giving me the answer to something that has probably been asked a million times before. First how do I erase pictures that I have either taken or downloaded from my phone? Second I put in a 32 gig micro SD card. The phone knows it's there but I can't figure out how to load things on to it. In the past on other devices when I down loaded an app from Google play it asked me where it wanted me to put it. I've even gone through all my apps and it does not give me the option to move them. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to delete pic is go into gallery and long press the pic you want gone and hit the trash can that pops up top.

And you can't move apps onto the sd card

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks in advance for giving me the answer to something that has probably been asked a million times before. First how do I erase pictures that I have either taken or downloaded from my phone? Second I put in a 32 gig micro SD card. The phone knows it's there but I can't figure out how to load things on to it. In the past on other devices when I down loaded an app from Google play it asked me where it wanted me to put it. I've even gone through all my apps and it does not give me the option to move them. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

You can delete individual pics from the gallery as ab30494 noted above. If you want to do a mass delete, the easiest way is to hook up to a PC and delete in Windows Explorer; alternatively, you could use a file explorer app.

Regarding apps on SD, it's simply not supported. Older Android phones (pre-Gingerbread I believe) used to allow this, but it was mainly out of pure necessity as older phones often lacked any kind of substantial internal storage. You can use the SD card to store media (pics, movies, audio, etc) and other files, but apps are relegated to the internal storage. If you were inclined to search online, there are plenty of reason as to why this is the case, however I won't get into that here...but even with the 16GB model, you should have plenty of room to run all your apps, although many games will take up quite a bit.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, you can sortof mass delete. You can delete an entire album, or if you're in an album you can long press on a picture to select it. Once you have one picture selected, you can just tap on the rest of the pictures you want to delete. It's simple enough.

And no, you can't move apps to the SD card on the S3. You can store your media (pictures, music, movies, etc) on it though. I think a lot of app data goes on it too (but not the actual app).

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When in gallery, press the menu button and select. Mark the ones you want to delete.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463