1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stick with stock, bigger, or aftermarket battery

Im wanting to buy a new battery because my phone won't last all day on a single charge. When buying though i noticed another stock would cost me 40 dollars. I was looking on amazon and they had batteries like these Amazon.com: QCELL 2X SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 2100MAH BATTERY + FREE UNIVERSAL BATTERY CHARGER (COMPATIBLE WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300, SPRINT L710, VERIZON I535, T-MOBILE T999, AT&T SAMSUNG I747, U.S. CELLULAR R530)**WITH NFC CAPABILITIES FOR S BEAM cheap and even comes with a charger. I dont want to have problems so anyone had any problems with these aftermarket models? My last question is should i go with a bigger battery? instead of the 2100? I use an otterbox case so not sure this is even possible?

Default Re: Stick with stock, bigger, or aftermarket battery

The biggest issue I had with the Extended battery is the Case. In all the reviews and from personal experience, the cases make it very difficult to depress the power and volume buttons. I bought the Anker 4400 on Amazon for $17. Battery lasted about 50% longer, and was not worth the extra size and the frustrating case. I went back to stock, and use my Anker 9600mah external battery, and when I am away from the car, I just plug that in, and I can get about 4 full charges out of it. It charges about the same speed as an outlet. I kept the extended battery it I go to long events. I have only really used it once after I tried it out for a couple of weeks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

sso I guess the extended battery is out of the question, I dont like my phone running naked. whats this anker thing?

Considering picking up this:

Reviews seem to be pretty good.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    Considering picking up this:

Reviews seem to be pretty good.
    My only problem with the extended batteries is I wont be able to use my otterbox case, Im one clumsy and I'm not risking dropping my phone

Quote Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
    sso I guess the extended battery is out of the question, I dont like my phone running naked. whats this anker thing?

This is waht I use. You can charge your phone using your USB cord, anywhere you want, and it will recharge it about 3-4 times, fully.
    Weel worth the money, no matter what battery you use, because it's great to have when you are going to be away from power for an extended period of time.

My only problem with the extended batteries is I wont be able to use my otterbox case, Im one clumsy and I'm not risking dropping my phone
    Then you're kind of out of luck, unless you carry a portable, battery driven charger as tony477g suggests.

They do make inexpensive cases that fit over the extended battery. Check Amazon.com...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

The only advice I would suggest on a less expensive battery, is that to make sure it is an NFC battery. If not, S Beam (you know, that bump thing) won't work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I bought the same pack of batteries and charger that you're talking about. They work fine with no issues. However, I noticed a battery on wireless emporium website that was thin and has 2850 mah for only $24. I just put it in my phone yesterday so it's too early to tell. You can use your original phone back with this battery. I wanted to try something with more battery power.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It's a slim extended gold series battery

Quote Originally Posted by mgloss View Post
    I bought the same pack of batteries and charger that you're talking about. They work fine with no issues. However, I noticed a battery on wireless emporium website that was thin and has 2850 mah for only $24. I just put it in my phone yesterday so it's too early to tell. You can use your original phone back with this battery. I wanted to try something with more battery power.

Hi there, just wondered how you're making out with that battery? And how much more time is it getting you? I have an Otterbox too and would love to still be able to use it but have longer battery life.

Thanks!

I've had the battery for a few days now and to be totally honest, I have only seen a small improvement I figured it would take a few days for my phone to adapt. When I say not noticing a huge difference, that's with me not using my phone much at all. No music, videos or extended internet surfing.

I will continue to monitor it over the next week and actually give percentages for how much the battery drops.