Sync Earthlink calendar

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Admittedly my claendar situation is wacky. I have a corporate email and claendar which works fine, Gmail email and calendar workks, but I can't seem to get Earthlink calendar items although I do get email. Maybe it's not possible, but on my personal computer I sometimes accept invites and they are saved in Outlook under my Earthlink account. Anytime I try to edit the account on my phone, it says it's already active. If I try to add the calendar it says it's already active. I may have asked this before but don't know if I got an answer. If I try to forward the calendar item to Gmail, it says no app can open this attachment. Should I delete the earthlink account and add it again as Exchange active sync? Would that even work? Thanks for your help.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Let me try to help by playing back your scenario.
1. Corporate e-mail and calendar are good. (personal computer based)
2. Gmail and Google Calendar are good. (personal computer based)
3. Meeting invites sometimes go to your Earthlink profile in Outlook. (personal computer based and S3?)
4. Editing Earthlink account on the S3 generates the "already active" message on your S3.
5. Adding calendar to the S3 generates the "already active" message on your S3.
6. Gmail can't open a forwarded calendar item. (personal computer based and S3?)
I made some assumptions for the systems being used for Items 1-6.

Questions.
1. Does Earthlink allow simultaneous account editing/presence on more than one device?
2. What calendar app(s) are you using?
3. Have you tried exporting/saving out a calendar item in a format that Gmail can consume?

There are probably more questions or angles that can be used to approach the situation. Just throwing out some ideas...

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Let me try to help by playing back your scenario.
1. Corporate e-mail and calendar are good. (personal computer based)
2. Gmail and Google Calendar are good. (personal computer based)
3. Meeting invites sometimes go to your Earthlink profile in Outlook. (personal computer based and S3?)
4. Editing Earthlink account on the S3 generates the "already active" message on your S3.
5. Adding calendar to the S3 generates the "already active" message on your S3.
6. Gmail can't open a forwarded calendar item. (personal computer based and S3?)
I made some assumptions for the systems being used for Items 1-6.

Questions.
1. Does Earthlink allow simultaneous account editing/presence on more than one device?
2. What calendar app(s) are you using?
3. Have you tried exporting/saving out a calendar item in a format that Gmail can consume?

There are probably more questions or angles that can be used to approach the situation. Just throwing out some ideas...

Thanks for the response! So, I have a work laptop, home computer and S3. Work computer has corporate email and calendar that is mirrored on the S3 with Active Sync I assume. On my home computer, I access Gmail and the calendar in Google and that syncs as well with the S3. I still receive some emails from customers I've know for a long time that have my Earthlink email address. Earthlink email is also mirrored on my S3. On my personal computer I use Outlook 2010 to access my earthlink account and when I click on the calendar there, the calendar is titled with my earthlink email account. The problem I run into is when someone sends my a meeting invite to earthlink. If I access it on my phone, I can't open and I can't forward invites. Once again I apologize if this is crazy. Eventually I will have to migrate everything from earthlink to Gmail and I won't have this problem. But for now... Thanks

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you forward your Earthlink calendar invites to Gmail? Is there some way to do that automatically?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital