What is this icon that just appeared on the top of my gs3

androidguy2304

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

So, the other day, this strange looking icon just popped up on the top of my phone and I have searched high and low to find an answer and have yet to come across one. So, it is in the shape of a house with two arrows on top of it point up. The icon is located to the right of the wifi signal bar and on top of the normal reception bar. Any ideas?

androidguy2304

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
HMMM.. I don't have one, but maybe a neighbor of mine does. Thanks for the help jhaire. I mean, I am close to a verizon store, so maybe i can stop in and see if they know anything (doubt it though)

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
HMMM.. I don't have one, but maybe a neighbor of mine does. Thanks for the help jhaire. I mean, I am close to a verizon store, so maybe i can stop in and see if they know anything (doubt it though)

No problem. If your vzw store is anything like mine, you'll have to wait forever and then they'll tell you to do a factory reset Lol. That's their fix for everything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

androidguy2304

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
LOL.. Yea, they are huge fans of the old factory reset. More times than not is never fixed the issue at hand, but then again, the combined brain power of some of the techs at good ol' big red is the same as a half eaten cheeseburger.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

So, the other day, this strange looking icon just popped up on the top of my phone and I have searched high and low to find an answer and have yet to come across one. So, it is in the shape of a house with two arrows on top of it point up. The icon is located to the right of the wifi signal bar and on top of the normal reception bar. Any ideas?

I get that too, it is a way of letting you know that the service you're getting at that moment is from a network extender and not a verizon wireless tower. I believe if you pull down your notifications tab when you don't see that icon, it will say verizon wireless but if you see that icon the bottom of your notification drop down will say "network extender"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums