SD Cards getting fried!
I had a 32G San Ultra and it failed about a month ago so I picked up a 16G PNY and it also just stopped working. This time I can see the files when I read the card on my computer but it wont read on the phone. I had a 2Gig card sitting around so I put it in to test it and everything seems to be working fine. I really enjoy having the "picture frame" widget on my home screen and I add anywhere from 75-125 photos to it to cycle through. All those photos are on my SD card, then I thought to myself from the phone constantly accessing the SD card, if that could be the reason why the cards keeps on going bad.
Can anyone help me determine if its the phone itself, SD card, or picture frame widget?.
Thank you for any feedback
- 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM #2
Re: SD Cards getting fried!
Where are you buying them from? Many from ebay and even sellers on Amazon are selling inferior fakes. Been burned myself a few times.
I now buy them directly from the mfr, or major chains only.
Saw a news story a couple years ago, that showed a legit overseas factory, opening back up after hours, and cranking out lookalikes with much lower quality components. I took a quick look on youtube, but didn't see it. Trust me, I only make stuff up when it's funny, ask your mom.
- 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM #3
- 02-09-2013, 04:43 PM #4
- By csrow in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2011, 08:24 AM
- By colestein in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 15Last Post: 09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
- By broadwayblues in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
- By I am138 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 10-10-2010, 10:52 AM
- By Darth Pooh#CB in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 14Last Post: 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM