- 2 Posts
Get "download" box in text when receive Photos
Help! Anytime anyone sends me a photo via text, it appears on my phone (so I know it's been sent) but the text shows up as a download box (tells me size of the d/l and when it will "expire"). It tells me to "download" but when I hit that button, nothing happens. Even if I turn the phone off and restart it and try again, still doesn't work. Photos will usually download themselves but usually randomly the next or day after that. I also sometimes get this "download box" when people send a text to a group that I'm part of...
Anyone know what this is??? Anyone know how I can fix it???
- 02-09-2013, 10:16 PM #3
- 6,389 Posts
Re: Get "download" box in text when receive Photos
At least on Verizon, an MMS (which is what a TM with a picture is; also what a group message is) requires a mobile data connection. Your screenshot doesn't show a 1x/3G/4G data connection - just enable that, and then the Download button will work. Once the download is done you can turn the mobile data off again.
(Note that you can't use a WiFi connection to access MMS; you can leave WiFi on if you like, but you have to enable mobile data in order for MMS to work properly.)
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- By aronspace in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
- By KillerQ in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 4Last Post: 11-28-2011, 12:14 AM
- By Kegman in forum Motorola Droid X2Replies: 5Last Post: 07-28-2011, 10:29 PM
- By Gravytrain in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-2011, 06:57 PM
- By kaivorb in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM