Dim screen in cold temperatures

mcrisostomo9

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Waking my screen in cold temperatures would result in a very dim screen which looks like its on the verge of dying. I live in socal so its not like crazy cold temps so its a very weird problem. The only remedy would be to warm up the phone by holding it in my hand and constantly waking the phone until it would regain its regular brightness.
Its been like this for the past 2 months or so. It originally started when I was running CM10. I thought it was a ROM problem so I switched to a touchwiz ROM which temporarily solved the problem for about two weeks but it returned a week ago and is suffering the same problems again.

Any suggestions?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
In NorCal it's often in the 40's and runs fine too...not sure what's causing your problem, sorry.
Have you tried fully stock?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Can you get hold of another battery to test it with?
Lithium battery don't have a high output when cold. Maybe yours is really sensitive and the phone is smart enough to turn down the display due to poor battery output.
Just a wild thought.

mcrisostomo9

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you get hold of another battery to test it with?
Lithium battery don't have a high output when cold. Maybe yours is really sensitive and the phone is smart enough to turn down the display due to poor battery output.
Just a wild thought.

That might be a good idea. Any idea if an S2 battery would work with the S3?