Dim screen in cold temperatures
Waking my screen in cold temperatures would result in a very dim screen which looks like its on the verge of dying. I live in socal so its not like crazy cold temps so its a very weird problem. The only remedy would be to warm up the phone by holding it in my hand and constantly waking the phone until it would regain its regular brightness.
Its been like this for the past 2 months or so. It originally started when I was running CM10. I thought it was a ROM problem so I switched to a touchwiz ROM which temporarily solved the problem for about two weeks but it returned a week ago and is suffering the same problems again.
- 02-11-2013, 12:43 AM #2
- 02-11-2013, 01:21 AM #4
- 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM #5
Re: Dim screen in cold temperatures
Can you get hold of another battery to test it with?
Lithium battery don't have a high output when cold. Maybe yours is really sensitive and the phone is smart enough to turn down the display due to poor battery output.
Just a wild thought.
- 02-11-2013, 07:45 PM #7
- By Couchchicago in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 10-23-2013, 01:53 AM
- By Sisman9 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
- By kinglord in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 14Last Post: 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
- By jlh#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
- By specops2k3 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 19Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM