1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default External SD card mounted read-only but I want it read/write

I noticed today that for some reason, my 32 GB external SD card is being mounted as read-only on my phone. My phone is running the stock Verizon Jelly Bean ROM but is rooted and has custom recovery. I have tried rebooting and unmounting/remounting using the settings menu (Settings > Storage). If I open a terminal and run the command mount (with no options or arguments) I see the following regarding the external SD card:

/dev/block/vold/179:96 /storage/extSdCard vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,uid=1000,gid=1023,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

In that output I can see that it's being mounted with the "ro" flag, but I'm not sure why and I'm not sure what command I can issue to remount it as read/write. I'm familiar with using the terminal emulator to issue commands as well as using adb, so if it's a simple command that I can issue to correct this, I have no problem doing so.

Default Re: External SD card mounted read-only but I want it read/write

Have you tried formatting the SDCard in the phone, rather than just remounting it?

Anyway, the Terminal Emulator that I'm running doesn't have the MAN page for MOUNT, but I'm sure you can look up the syntax online - it's probably something like mount --rw blah blah. You probably have to elevate to su first.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2