Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Default Keyboard and Messaging

What is everyone using as a keyboard, I have used a few of the regular after market keyboards ie: swipe, swift key etc, I figured I would play around with the stock one and not sure if I like it yet. Figured I would see what others have done.

Same goes for texting, I am using the stock app now just cause I kept getting multiple notifications while using handcent even after adjusting the settings. As these stock apps improve over time are you less like to switch or stick with stock app?

Gary

Default Re: Keyboard and Messaging

I use perfect keyboard and it's free. The reason why I chose this keyboard is because it allows me to use the T9 style keyboard with a very good predictive text.
    Hope this help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I was a long-time Swiftkey user and recently switched to Kii Keyboard. It is still in beta, but the developers are very responsive and the premium features are now free in beta. I have to say, I am VERY impressed. Highly customizable and easy to use. Any keyboard theme will work with this app as well. Predictions are excellent.

As for messaging, I have never been a fan of stock. I've used Handcent and GoSMS, but when they stopped syncing Facebook avatars (Go offers this for $5/6months), I searched elsewhere. I also grew very tired of Go's spamming and bloatware. I ended up switching to Chomp and have not looked back. It's simple, smooth, with all the necessary customizations, and it syncs Facebook avatars. The cost is $1if you want to remove the ads.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

There was a fairly lengthly thread recently about the same thing. You might want to search for that.

Using Kii now as well...great keyboard very responsive and my texting doesn't take forever anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm using Touch Pal (free) and its better that the default, but I'm still experimenting until I find that.......ONE