1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default any apps for forcing LTE yet?

I've searched around ad there doesn't seem to be any yet?
    Sammy Galaxy note 2 vzw, Rooted Thunderbolt vzw, Macbook Pro 13, PS3, xBox360

Default Re: any apps for forcing LTE yet?

To my knowledge if there is is a lte signal it will default to it. If your device doesn't I'd check your settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

You mean forcing 3G? The phone defaults to 4g unless there isn't a signal. You can't force what isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by blade22222 View Post
    To my knowledge if there is is a lte signal it will default to it. If your device doesn't I'd check your settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
    You mean forcing 3G? The phone defaults to 4g unless there isn't a signal. You can't force what isn't there.
    No, I don't think it's that simple. The following is true for Sprint, and I suspect for Verizon also:

The phone will only connect, and stay connected, to 4G if the 4G signal reaches a certain level (signal strength). Below that, it will default to 3G even if a weak 4G signal exists. There is a way to force the device to LTE only, but then it is truly LTE only. No 3G when LTE doesn't exist, and no telephone calls or SMS. See this post for more detail:

Is it possible to keep 4g lte on only?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah I know theres a 4g signal in my living room but the phone won't stay connected. I can force it to stay on 4g on my thunderbolt but on the sgs3 I'm only getting 4g in the master bedroom, which is better than nothing I guess
    Sammy Galaxy note 2 vzw, Rooted Thunderbolt vzw, Macbook Pro 13, PS3, xBox360